DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

AlTiTuDe06 said:
ddublu said:
Ever since the update, my gimbal defaults to the down position (GoPro pointing straight down to the ground). It works fine otherwise. Have calibrated on controller in both applications with no luck. Any suggestions?
Have you tried reversing the direction in the calibration screen? I believe in this update the direction is reversed for some reason

Yep. It's reversed things but didn't impact startup position.

ddublu said:
AlTiTuDe06 said:
ddublu said:
Ever since the update, my gimbal defaults to the down position (GoPro pointing straight down to the ground). It works fine otherwise. Have calibrated on controller in both applications with no luck. Any suggestions?
Have you tried reversing the direction in the calibration screen? I believe in this update the direction is reversed for some reason

Yep. It's reversed things but didn't impact startup position.
Just checking, you currently have the X1 in Phantom Assistant with the button to the right displaying "NORM" or "REV"?

I can imagine it will start in the up position if "NORM" is selected.

Your answer is more brief than my phone posts ;)

Confirm if "Norm" is selected it starts in the full up position and if "REV" is selected it starts in full down position?

Not that I have new upgrade remote, just curious. It helps to know when trouble shooting for others when they post.

Damon said:

Confirm if "Norm" is selected it starts in the full up position and if "REV" is selected it starts in full down position?

Not that I have new upgrade remote, just curious. It helps to know when trouble shooting for others when they post.

Ha!...and I am not usually brief. I have the new remote (v2). When it's set to NORM or REV the P2 starts up with the GoPro/H3-3D pointing straight down. Hope that helps.

Cyclone said:
AnselA said:
Cyclone said:
Had the 'not enough power to return to home point' message again. Getting paranoid flying this thing at the moment :)

Im assuming others have done it but Im going to fire off an email to DJI asking them to fix it.

Please, do. Keep us informed about the progress.

Ive had a reply from DJI regarding the above error. They've asked for a screenshot of the firmware page of the assistant software, everything that I have for my Vision and a screen shot of the phone app with the error message. Its not the reply I was expecting but its a start.

I have been thinking though, Im using an RE700 wifi extender which DJI says not to use. Is anyone using the RE500 extender getting the same error message, ie 'not enough power to return to home point' ??

Maybe they've changed something so you cant use anything else with the Vison :?

It's not the re 700. Mine is a non plus vision with an re 700. I had that message on the first flight of an updated battery. I ignored the message and kept on going. I ran the battery down to around 30% and then recharged. Next flight no message and never again. It's a battery issue I'm almost sure

Damon said:

I have the same problem with gimbal defaulting to down position. But for me it makes no difference if REV or NORM is set on X1. Every time i turn on the phantom gimbal points down. I have the updated phantom with the new remote control.

I got a reply from DJI regarding the 'not enough power to return to home point' message.

Their reply was.....

"That's a kind warning to tell customers that the left power can not make the drone arrive the home point.
That's a new function.
Hope you will like it. "

WTF!! Its only a few feet away and around 25% battery :shock:

So every time I go flying i'm going to have to keep clicking 'ok' to make the message go away.

Yep, annoying, isn't it?

I have to say I had this message only twice on two separate batteries during same flying session.

It was a dynamic waypoint set up and I was directly almost below phantom, so strange...

Have not had it since, though.

Ive been thinking of trying it without the dynamic home point selected but with the weather the way it is, it might be a while :(

Battery Update....

I have a brand new fully charged unused battery.
My Battery 2.6 firmware was updated on the 2nd of November with full (98% charge).

I checked on the 13th with a quick tap and it seems 1 of the 4 led lights are out.
Today on the 14th, the third led is flashing.

Seems the auto discharge is working.

Not bad DJI..

After a bit more whinging, DJI has suggested I uninstall/reinstall the Vison App. Ive done this and got a new battery today (different loader and expensive as well). Ive updated the battery firmware and will try later when the weather improves.

I was getting the same message about "not enough power to return to home point". It occurred in the flights immediately after doing the battery firmware upgrade. Since I discharged and recharged both batteries. the error has not returned after 4 flights. I am not sure this is a coincidence or not, but it would be nice to know If others are seeing the same. ALSO, I am still having the problem where the camera view automatically returns to the menu screen. Are others having this problem still. I know it was mentioned in this post many pages ago. It seems with me it only happens when I have dynamic home point turned on.

TomasBKK said:
Damon said:

I have the same problem with gimbal defaulting to down position. But for me it makes no difference if REV or NORM is set on X1. Every time i turn on the phantom gimbal points down. I have the updated phantom with the new remote control.

Any luck getting this resolved?

ddublu said:
TomasBKK said:
Damon said:

Any luck getting this resolved?
Nothing new on my end. I figured a fix would be listed here by now. I don't have the new remote so I can't even trouble shoot for a solution.

That being said I would probably try re-flashing zenmuse firmware. Then re-calibrate RC in RC Assistant, and finally calibrate the P2 with the RC in the RC tab.....

After that I would begin banging my head into the wall ;)

Damon said:
Nothing new on my end. I figured a fix would be listed here by now. I don't have the new remote so I can't even trouble shoot for a solution.

That being said I would probably try re-flashing zenmuse firmware. Then re-calibrate RC in RC Assistant, and finally calibrate the P2 with the RC in the RC tab.....

After that I would begin banging my head into the wall ;)

Tried all of that again today. Let the banging commence.

I think I'm going to order one just to experience the sheer pleasure or pain....it appears to be a roll of the dice.

@ddublu out of curiosity did you rebind the old remote to see if it still does that?

Damon said:
I think I'm going to order one just to experience the sheer pleasure or pain....it appears to be a roll of the dice.

@ddublu out of curiosity did you rebind the old remote to see if it still does that?

I don't have the old remote. I really think its firmware related because it actually worked correctly when the new one showed up and I powered on. Only after the update, did it start doing it again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl