DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

robinb said:
Is it my imagination but the iPhone app has calibrate compass on it in settings. Was that there before ?

No, that's new. Not sure if it's the ability to start the calibration feature via the app instead of flicking S1 up and down quickly (never did like that method - flimsy switches and all that...) or if it's just an instruction on how to do it.

CBS

I am trying to download the new DJI Vision app for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (which I bought specifically for flying) and it is saying the new app is not compatible with my device.

Anyone else having this issue?

Adam

Codacious said:
We have two windows computers that we only use for downloading movies, I hate to plug anything important into them. I tried to update on one of them, but it said it couldn't install the driver software... windows... thanks a ton!

Likely the prob is you have to be an administrator to install the driver. Unlikely that you have that privilege on those 2 PCs (Did I read somewhere you are on a military base/computer?)

adamcb said:
I am trying to download the new DJI Vision app for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (which I bought specifically for flying) and it is saying the new app is not compatible with my device.

Adam

Just look at the play store at the dji-vision page, it gives you a link to the apk for just this issue!

adamcb said:

Adam
Someone already posted they were having this problem. I went to buy a tab s 10" the other day and saw the app wasnt in the play store so I didnt buy it. You could try download the apk file and load it manually. Problem is when I went looking for the vision app in the play store it didnt show up to get the apk file. Maybe someone has a link for it?

ROCK ON, BlackTracer. Thank you! Worked perfectly.

Adam

BlackTracer said:
adamcb said:

Adam

Just look at the play store at the dji-vision page, it gives you a link to the apk for just this issue!

Is everyones Radar icon calibrated perfectly? Or is the actual radar indicator pointing slightly to the right compared to the direction of the actual Phantom?

BlackTracer said:
adamcb said:

Adam

That link goes to iTunes!!! No apk.

AnselA,

The link worked fine for me - clicking the link directly on my Android.

I had to allow for "unknown" installs in my settings, but worked perfectly.

Adam

Since I haven't experienced any problems with my Vision+ out of the box I've been scared to update firmware (after reading a few people's posts on upgrading then experiencing problems.

Is there any reason to update if all is ok?? Please let me know if you've updated and everything is fine.

wattsn said:
Great. the new Android Vision App is now not allowing installation on a tablet. Stating my device (Galaxy Tab s) is not compatible. Time to extract the .apk from my phone :(

Done. Installed. If anyone needs the .apk drop me a PM with your email address :)

i had that message a month back when i tried to install vision 3.?? software of the moment on a tab 3 and it popped up a link to click that gave me a version that would install on the tab. the FPV view on the tab is dire though, very blocky, not sure if it is a screen res issue though as the same settings on my galaxy S4 phone give a crystal clear picture. and the tranny is very heavy with a 7 inch tab clipped on it..... :(

EMCSQUAR said:
Only thing that changed for P2s was battery limits - RTH at critical (2nd warning) Word of caution - save earlier version of assistant - in the new version you CANNOT change your battery warning levels.

now we don't have an option to change the battery warning level? well that wasn't smart of them. may i ask what the levels are set to now?

is everyones Radar icon calibrated perfectly? Or is the actual radar indicator pointing slightly to the right compared to the direction of the actual Phantom?

In the way points app in the last version of the vision app the air plain looking icon that is suppoed to show the direction and location of the phantom on the map is pointing about 20 or so degrees off and turned right or clockwise from the actual way its ever facing.

adamcb said:

Adam

Can send you the app file if you want. Check my earlier post on page 1

rokit said:
EMCSQUAR said:
Only thing that changed for P2s was battery limits - RTH at critical (2nd warning) Word of caution - save earlier version of assistant - in the new version you CANNOT change your battery warning levels.

now we don't have an option to change the battery warning level? well that wasn't smart of them. may i ask what the levels are set to now?

15/20%

OK, the iOS app is out, but if I am not going to update to 3.06, should I avoid updating the app too? I guess what I am asking is whether the app needs updated Phantom software to work correctly. I suspect the answer (to the second phrasing) is no, because I never updated to 3.04, but I did update the app after I had the original installed. Anyway what say ya'll?

My mainboard didn't go to .32 either, it's stuck on .31 with no update available even though the main controller went to 3.06 with no problems.

Anyone any ideas !? ( I've tried restarting assistant software and the phantom ).

Mike

Mako79 said:
PhantomKid said:
Mako 79 -

Did the P330 CB firmware update too from v1.0.1.31 to the .32 version ?

DOnt think so.

Screenshot%202014-07-30%2000.34.11.png

Camicus said:
rokit said:
EMCSQUAR said:

15/20%

oh wow, is 20% enough juice for the RTH feature when you are about 1/2 a mile away w/ an FPV w/o iOSD?

is there really an increase in speed? Not decent speed. The speed I need to film a fast moving boat?

mikecouk said:
My mainboard didn't go to .32 either, it's stuck on .31 with no update available

Same for me. I also got message about doing advanced IMU calibration but tells me MC is too warm which is odd as I just turned it on.

So have battery out and letting it set for a while to cool off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1