DJI has all the old FW

You know what I think is going on? Check this out. When 1.6 came out with mention that after 1.6 install one could only to back to 1.5, I have a feeling that the 1.5 that was at the website, from that day, was no longer backdateable. A modified 1.5 perhaps. Maybe, just maybe, if I can get ahold of an "old" 1.5, that would work. This very well could be the problem.

Reactions: low_budget
1.6 to 1.4 and sploodge to 1.4 didn't work. In fact the only thing that works is reinstall of same firmware. So now I'm putting the 1.5 in there. To be honest, I would not be surprised if DJI tweked the 1.5 that is posted at their website.

It very well could be that the 1.5 got fudged on the same day that 1.6 was posted. In fact, due to liability concerns, it might have even been altered to behave like 1.4 in the area of battery issues.

It very well could be that the 1.5 got fudged on the same day that 1.6 was posted. In fact, due to liability concerns, it might have even been altered to behave like 1.4 in the area of battery issues.
We are in the same boat bro. I woke up all night and follow the instructions, no luck. Every possible method, I did it. Service bin also no go. Not willing to give up at this point

That would be good.... I liked 1.4.

If I were you guys I would PM the guys on the rcgroups thread and ask them how they did it. I would also ask them for the exact firmware files that they used to downgrade.

Ask them for their hidden log file as well.

I believe that the key is to getting the log file on the p3 itself to 'Delete History', which is how I got my w323a to downgrade to 1.1.9 from 1.3.2(factory installed), but of course that happened because of many attempts at using the service bin, renaming firmwares DM368Fw.bin, and a failed firmware update that either froze, crashed or I just turned off the p3 too early, which caused it to brick (could not take pics or video or read sd card)

This is exactly what is causing us to not be able to downgrade:
[00157149]Record vlink 01.04.0010 <-> 01.03.0020 (flow = 6).
[00157207]Packet upgrade failed at packet checking.

The 'Record vlink'... Need to get that record to delete...

FYI, without a known factory reset method, screwing with firmware has a very real possibility of bricking your Phantom. And a bricked Phantom due to fw manipulation obviously voids any hope of replacement by DJI. Keep that in mind before partaking.

These are 2 people on rcgroups who claimed multiple downgrades
Chucksta claims to have went from 1.6.4 to 1.4.1
nocontrol1 claims to have went from 1.6.4 to 1.3.2

Hi chaps (&Girls) How come we are on about going backwards with the firmware, I have only just gone to 1.6 ? am I missing something

Hi chaps (&Girls) How come we are on about going backwards with the firmware, I have only just gone to 1.6 ? am I missing something
There are a number of threads about the topic. But 1.6 introduced some fairly significant hits to P3 flight performance, primarily in vertical ascent rate but also horizontal speed, especially on the bottom 2/3 of the battery.

Reactions: phantom trucker 309

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers