DJI has all the old FW

if someone has the time and expertise, it would probably be very helpful to have a table of App version to corresponding FW version posted on here somewhere.

Haven't received my Phantom yet (should be here on Tuesday according to FedEx). What am I in for here? Should I be looking at older FW if it comes with a newer one?

And how do you identify the FW installed?

I reinstalled 1.5 by sploodge method. Cleared the sd card, put in 1.4, started the bird, nothing. Started the bird sploodge method, 1.4 in the sd, nothing. I must be doing something wrong. Or maybe my phantom is married to 1.5 .
try sploodge method, and install 1.5 even though its already on 1.5. THEN do 1.4.1

Reactions: bighi
I think the 500m was always there. I have 1.1.6 but no way to put it back on. I think there was 1 firmware before then...

litchi on android allows you to put in higher than 500m

If you can put it in, does it actually fly it? If so, then the limit is likely in the GO app not the FW.

I did the sploodge, re installed 1.5. Deleted all in the sd card, put in 1.4 firmware, nothing. Then deleted all that was created in the sd but left only the firmware, sploodge, nothing. Yeah, looks like this bird is married to 1.5.

Last edited:
If you can put it in, does it actually fly it? If so, then the limit is likely in the GO app not the FW.
its in both. you set it in the app, and it saves it on the p3. you can set it in litchi, but anything over 500m will revert to default setting on the p3 when you restart it.

I did the sploodge, re installed 1.5. Deleted all in the sd card, put in 1.4 firmware, nothing. Then deleted all that was created in the sd but left only the firmware, sploodge, nothing.
you gotta find the guy on rcgroups who did it. he said it in the official phantom 3 owners thread around page 3194, I will look into it as well...

If there is enough interest I may be willing to post the firmwares for download on my site, I have back to 1.1 I believe. I might be missing one but i'm pretty sure I have them all
If you are missing any, here is a post from earlier in this thread with links directly from DJI for all FW versions back to 1.1.8

DJI has all the old FW | DJI Phantom Forum

go back to 1.6 and then try to go to 1.4.1, if it doesn't work without sploodge method then try it with the sploodge method. the guy on rcgroups said he went from 1.6 to 1.4 then to 1.3.2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1