DJI Goggles

Yes, sir. Get em while they are hot :)

This is the latest review that I have watched about these goggles. He did a very good job I thought.

It appears that with a P4 - which is what I have - you will only be able to run both the goggles and a tablet/phone viewing device by purchasing/installing the HDMI module for the P4 remote. The goggles would plug into the HDMI port, and the viewing device into the standard USB port as always. From the way it sounds, the goggles cannot plug into the micro USB port on the stock remote - which is what I had hoped. Also, by plugging the goggles into the HDMI port - and not directly into the standard USB port - they will only work for viewing the live feed, but will not allow for any control of the copter's yaw or gimbal angle. With the goggles plugged directly into the standard USB port, the user will have access to these other modes, but all flight data will be displayed in the goggles.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that is how I understood it to be. If anybody has any real world experience with these goggles using only the P4, please post an update. At issue is the ability to use the goggles and a tablet/phone viewing device with the P4 simultaneously.

It appears that with a P4 - which is what I have - you will only be able to run both the goggles and a tablet/phone viewing device by purchasing/installing the HDMI module for the P4 remote. The goggles would plug into the HDMI port, and the viewing device into the standard USB port as always.
When the DJI Goggles are connected to the HDMI output module, you will not be able to see the menus that appear in the video above. Instead, you'll see menus that allow you to change the brightness, volume, and zoom level of the picture in the goggles.

From the way it sounds, the goggles cannot plug into the micro USB port on the stock remote - which is what I had hoped.
You can only connect the DJI Goggles to the USB port on the P4 remote controller.

I have an authorised return from DJI regarding my goggles.
I have a P4 with hdmi module installed and was connected to them via usb.
I flew a short distance (1000ft) away at a height of about 30mtrs and the view inside the goggles went grey and the AC disconnected. HOWEVER I think there must be a software glitch because even tho I could no longer see the AC thru the goggles I still had vlos and raised her to try to regain control. I couldn't get my bearings on which way she was facing so had to hit the rth where she rose to the preset 50mtrs and came back.
Dji had all this info and didn't challenge it strangely enough and have issued a ups collection for refund!!

For people using HDMI ports. Remember that an HDMI port is a display port, not a data port like the USB. This is the main reason that USB can do the different functions, while HDMI only displays. You can have the heads up display though in the Goggles via HDMI which can also be useful, but all control (except for headset display) settings will need to be done on the tablet, and no head tracking.

Just got mine and HATE THEM. The image is crap compared to my $40 VR Goggles, $20 Litch and my Iphone...Not to mention don't see any signal strength in the view unless I missed it and can't even see how to format a card in the drone. Also big and bulky. Mine are going back...

Just got mine and HATE THEM. The image is crap compared to my $40 VR Goggles, $20 Litch and my Iphone...Not to mention don't see any signal strength in the view unless I missed it and can't even see how to format a card in the drone. Also big and bulky. Mine are going back...

Yeah, I'm a holdout for now. I typically don't buy the latest thing anyway. From the reviews I've seen, some folks love them and others plan to return them. Most Mavic folks love them though. It's just not worth it to me to have to also get a Mavic.

serious question: can i use a usb splitter to connect to *both* the headset AND controller thereby being able to fully use the features of both my ipad and the goggles simultaneously?

I have been watching what videos I can regarding these, and what I would like to know is if while using these with a P4 via the HDMI output on the remote, can I still connect my tablet as usual via the USB port and have normal use of GO4. I ask, because it would great to let someone else wear the goggles while I fly from my tablet.
Yes you can it works fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures