DJI goggles with Phaontom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hello to E1 and thank you for your help in advanced. I am new to this forum and somewhat new to my phantom 3 Advanced as well (6 months) I just received my new DJI goggles yesterday but I am having a hard time connecting them. I get a non compatible comment from DJI tech support and I also get a yes they are compatible as well and at this point I am confused. Can someone please tell me if they are compatible and if so any help would be appreciated.

Once again thanks in advanced.

Pilotjc

Not much to go on yet . What App?
Do you have them plugged into the HDMI port on the back of your
remote?
Have you tried turning every thing off & then back on? I think I've read to turn the goggles on last..

Someone will be along soon to help out here I'm sure..

Yes, they are compatible if you have the optional HDMI module installed on your P3A RC. Do you already have that module?

Depending on what cables come with the goggles, you may also need an HDMI to HDMI mini adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Not much to go on yet . What App?
Do you have them plugged into the HDMI port on the back of your
remote?
Have you tried turning every thing off & then back on? I think I've read to turn the goggles on last..

Someone will be along soon to help out here I'm sure..
My P3 remote does not have a HDMI port, only a USB. I thank you for your reply :)

Yes, they are compatible if you have the optional HDMI module installed on your P3A RC. Do you already have that module?

Depending on what cables come with the goggles, you may also need an HDMI to HDMI mini adapter.

I do not, is this something that I need to make it work?

Where I got confused is when one DJI tech support person said that a P3A is compatible and another said it was NOT, they never mentioned this HDMI module.

If you can guide me with this module I will appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hello to E1 and thank you for your help in advanced. I am new to this forum and somewhat new to my phantom 3 Advanced as well (6 months) I just received my new DJI goggles yesterday but I am having a hard time connecting them. I get a non compatible comment from DJI tech support and I also get a yes they are compatible as well and at this point I am confused. Can someone please tell me if they are compatible and if so any help would be appreciated.

Once again thanks in advanced.

Pilotjc
Have they been activated,,you can't just turn on and they work...usb module update needed because p3a use usb,,cable from goggles goes to hdmi module on back of remote (hdmi adapter needed for this cause hdmi plug is to big for remote,,this way you have screen view and goggle view,,just flying with goggles and no app gets restricted flight,,if your p3a was ocusync capable you not need hdmi cause they have linking option for some craft,,download goggle manual for good read,it show what conect and how.....activation done with assistant 2 on computer......no they won't mention what you need for it to work,,I found that out to,once I got my usb module and adapter for hdmi then I could use,,,be cost for something I never use,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pilotjc
I do not, is this something that I need to make it work?
Yes, the goggles are compatible only if you have that module installed.
Where I got confused is when one DJI tech support person said that a P3A is compatible and another said it was NOT, they never mentioned this HDMI module.
That type of support is not uncommon for DJI support.
Check out the post from msinger linked below for links to the module, the adaptor I also mentioned earlier, and an installation video.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Pilotjc
Have they been activated,,you can't just turn on and they work...usb module update needed because p3a use usb,,cable from goggles goes to hdmi module on back of remote (hdmi adapter needed for this cause hdmi plug is to big for remote,,this way you have screen view and goggle view,,just flying with goggles and no app gets restricted flight,,if your p3a was ocusync capable you not need hdmi cause they have linking option for some craft,,download goggle manual for good read,it show what conect and how.....activation done with assistant 2 on computer......no they won't mention what you need for it to work,,I found that out to,once I got my usb module and adapter for hdmi then I could use,,,be cost for something I never use,,

Thank you

HDMI module has been ordered, thanks to all for the help. Cant wait to have them working, I've heard great things about them.

Reactions: JoBe
Research you tube videos of the installation of your newly acquired HDMI module..It is not hard to do, but will require the undoing & re attaching of three small ribbon cables..& if ya need an adapter I've got one you can have for the shipping. If you find that the cable end on goggles is too big for module.. pm me if ya want.

Yeh that's what needed,easy to change,,,a word of warning though,,for some fvp flying can make you bit sick,it's just to much in your face for my liking so mine became a orinimant,,some ok but some do get sick from it,,me included,,,I now prefer to set tv up with hdmi instead of goggles but we all different and might be ok for you

Reactions: Phantom2USA
Research you tube videos of the installation of your newly acquired HDMI module..It is not hard to do, but will require the undoing & re attaching of three small ribbon cables..& if ya need an adapter I've got one you can have for the shipping. If you find that the cable end on goggles is too big for module.. pm me if ya want.

Will do, thank you.

Yeh that's what needed,easy to change,,,a word of warning though,,for some fvp flying can make you bit sick,it's just to much in your face for my liking so mine became a orinimant,,some ok but some do get sick from it,,me included,,,I now prefer to set tv up with hdmi instead of goggles but we all different and might be ok for you

Thanks and I will try them out see what happens.

Hello

I just received the HDMI module and have installed it BUT I have yet to make them work. My RC did prompt me to upgrade new software and it did it automatically but I can not see thru my goggles. I tried doing it thru DJI Assistant 2 but when I plug the goggles to my laptop it never prompts to download it, what in the world am I doing wrong.

This is all I get.

Hello

I just received the HDMI module and have installed it BUT I have yet to make them work. My RC did prompt me to upgrade new software and it did it automatically but I can not see thru my goggles. I tried doing it thru DJI Assistant 2 but when I plug the goggles to my laptop it never prompts to download it, what in the world am I doing wrong.

This is all I get.

View attachment 110239
Have you tried the steps here:

Have you tried the steps here:

Good morning

I tried on another laptop and it was a success, perhaps my personal laptop was not doing something right. I have functional goggles guys so thanks to all for all the advise.

PilotJC

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20