DJI Goggles vs Avegant Glyph

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have the Avegant Glyph video headset which I find solves many problems for FPV which has superb video quality and has the ability to allow you to look up for LOS and down to your RC controller and ahead for perfect FPV picture with no pixelation. The only slight negative is the smaller FOV.

Has anyone compared these with the new DJI goggles. I would expect the FOV would be larger but what is the video quality like and also if you think they are better in other ways please detail.

Reactions: embayweather
I had them and sold them because I wear glasses. I could get the glyphs to 90% focus without glasses but then I couldn't look at the quad or tablet. I tried wearing glasses but not to comfortable. There is no comparing the 2 screens, it's apples to oranges. The DJI screen is far more immersive and the video quality is much better, but they do have there problems. Fogging and the headband shipping off. The DJI Goggles works great with the Mavic, Head tracking is great and having control with the touchpad is nice. The Phantom 4 pro if you want head tracking you can't use a tablet, you have to connect the goggles with the USB cable that would normally connect to the tablet or else you have to use a HDMI cable and then you have view only no head tracking or touch control

I also think the video quality is better with the DJI Goggles. Also, when using my Avegant Glyph headset, they have to be positioned just right on my nose so the image is not blurry in the corners. I don't have that issue with the DJI Goggles. On the other hand, the DJI Goggles are a lot larger, heavier, harder to transport (if you need to pack light), and completely block your view of the outside world.

Both are good options for different reasons. It all depends on which features are most important to you.

I enjoy both, but I think I will be putting the goggles on Ebay. I struggle to get the goggles in focus with my poor eyesight. I bought a prescription set of readers that is helping, but at the end of the day it's too fiddly switching glasses. I can dial in the glyphs glasses on or off.
Plus - being able to keep situational awareness makes for a better flying experience for me.

I'm curious, is Avegant in financial trouble as I'm interested in them, but I have watched them disappear off the "shelves" of Amazon, Best Buy and others and it seems like they will not be restocked? I haven't heard any rumors of a new model so my only thought left is wondering if the company is in financial trouble?

I had them and sold them because I wear glasses. I could get the glyphs to 90% focus without glasses but then I couldn't look at the quad or tablet. I tried wearing glasses but not to comfortable. There is no comparing the 2 screens, it's apples to oranges. The DJI screen is far more immersive and the video quality is much better, but they do have there problems. Fogging and the headband shipping off. The DJI Goggles works great with the Mavic, Head tracking is great and having control with the touchpad is nice. The Phantom 4 pro if you want head tracking you can't use a tablet, you have to connect the goggles with the USB cable that would normally connect to the tablet or else you have to use a HDMI cable and then you have view only no head tracking or touch control
I also think the video quality is better with the DJI Goggles. Also, when using my Avegant Glyph headset, they have to be positioned just right on my nose so the image is not blurry in the corners. I don't have that issue with the DJI Goggles. On the other hand, the DJI Goggles are a lot larger, heavier, harder to transport (if you need to pack light), and completely block your view of the outside world.

Both are good options for different reasons. It all depends on which features are most important to you.

I can agree with msinger that the glyph has to be positioned just right on your nose.
With the video quality did you carry this out using a P4 with the HDMI out which is what I have and NOT a Mavic which can be used in 1080p for short distance flying.
I have tried the Headplays but the Glyph wins hands down on video quality which is so important to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4