DJI goggles, gimbal and flight control not working on P4

Reaction score
I activated my goggles, updated the firmware, made sure my P4 firmware was up to date, yet can't get the gimbal control or flight control option on the goggles to work at all on the P4. When I choose either option from the goggle screen, nothing happens. The goggles behave normally, and I think they believe it is functional, yet the aircraft/gimbal doesn't respond when I then turn and move my head with the goggles on.

Any thoughts on the problem? Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks,
Bill

Head tracking is not currently available for the P4.

Manual.jpg

This chart you posted is different from the one in the goggle instruction manual, where head tracking flight and gimbal are both listed as available for the P4. That's really frustrating and misleading by DJI. Any reason for the discrepancy? Will it become available?

--Bill

This chart you posted is different from the one in the goggle instruction manual
The screenshot above was taken from the current DJI Goggles manual. If needed, you can download the current manual here.

Any reason for the discrepancy?
DJI updated the manual before the goggles were released. The first version of the manual did state head tracking was compatible with the P4.

This chart you posted is different from the one in the goggle instruction manual, where head tracking flight and gimbal are both listed as available for the P4. That's really frustrating and misleading by DJI. Any reason for the discrepancy? Will it become available?

--Bill

The manual was updated to remove head tracking for the P4 when the Goggles were released. No official word if will become available at some point, to my knowledge. Today's firmware update doesn't mention anything.

Thats good to hear, when I get off the boat Aug 2nd I will update my firmware to get head tracking to work.

Anyone have head tracking working on their P4… can't get mine to work Goggles updated and p4 is at 01.02.0602 and rc is on 1.9.3. With issues updating I'm reluctant as its going great ATM so if you have head tracking going what's your update version?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Anyone have head tracking working on their P4… can't get mine to work Goggles updated and p4 is at 01.02.0602 and rc is on 1.9.3. With issues updating I'm reluctant as its going great ATM so if you have head tracking going what's your update version?
Thanks in advance
Here mine,made me dig out and check me goggles,my gimble tracking working without take off but me head tracking not,could be a safety thing where might have to launch first,keept saying failed to start so presume that normal,, it could be that you on old p4 firmware,
Screenshot_20180702-161622.jpg

Thanks ianzone.... Looks like an aircraft firmware update to your 02000700. Your screenshot has "aircraft" mine doesn't? Can't enable head tracking yaw until its airborne.
Thanks again for you help

another question ....do you have to login on DJI Go4 every time you fly with this upgrade?
If so how does that work when your way outback not in service area? Im talking about the restricted fly zone 50m x 30m .... im confused weather its just the DJI Go4 app to aircraft or DJI Go4 app to be logged into servers before you can fly?

do you have to login on DJI Go4 every time you fly with this upgrade?
You do need to be logged into DJI GO when running firmware 2.00.0700. DJI made that change in firmware 2.00.0106.

Just make sure you're logged into DJI GO before you leave a location that has Internet access. The DJI GO app caches your login status, so it'll remember you're logged in after you leave civilization.

That's not going to work where we go .....there's only a thin strip of civilisation round the outside edge of Australia. Just closing the app or a reboot will have you grounded and a drive back to get cell phone connection is not optional. Also I think there is a quiz you have to take each time you open the app....is that correct too?

Might forget about the update and stay with what works and not worry about head tracking.

Reactions: chazzm
Just closing the app or a reboot will have you grounded and a drive back to get cell phone connection is not optional.
After logging into the DJI GO app, your login should be remembered until you manually log out of your account in DJI GO or uninstall and reinstall DJI GO. Closing the DJI GO app and/or restarting your mobile device will not log you out.

Ok...That not sooo bad. Is that why you have to connect your phone then reconnect with goggles to fly beyond 50m? Goggles don't casha login?

Authentication is becoming a big issue on a wider scale.

Firmware update failed anyway ..... so be it
How did you try update ,through app or other,I always use app djigo4,,Yeh restrictions are lifted when useing the app with goggles,if you wish then just unplug your device usb and fly with goggles only without being at the 30/50,,been ok here never had a quiz yet,being honest I still haven't tried head tracking,me remote does that we'll, I can just see me crashing:rolleyes:

Is that why you have to connect your phone then reconnect with goggles to fly beyond 50m? Goggles don't casha login?
That's correct.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic