DJI Go with Android Nougat (7)

All of the cell manufacturers load their own brand of interface and bloat ware. This may interfere with a lot of apps working correctly. I personally like the Nexus devices because it is as close to pure Android as you can get. My Nexus 6 runs Android 7 and has no problems at all. My Nexus 10 runs 6.0 and works too. I'm going to pickup a Nexus 7 2013 to test, but I've heard it's good to go with the DJI app. I don't know what others may do but I'll stick to what works for me. I've never been a fan of loads of crap piled onto my operating system. Keep it simple is the best policy. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Simzy666
Hello I have Phantom 3 SE and with galaxy s6 and android 7.0 the image in Dji Go is frozen with an older phone going a little more fluid but freezes some solution? Thank you

Last weekend I finally tested my Honor 8 Nougat compatibility with my Phantom 3 Adv, and it was success. There were few steps that has to be done first.
1. Open DJI GO App without controller and drone.
2. Open settings from user screen.
3. Select Developer mode on and set that in Android settings.
B. I also did set USB debugging on.
4. Back to DJI GO settings and make sure that there is also Developer mode selected.
5. Close all apps.
6. Shutdown Honor 8
7. Start Honor 8
8. Open DJI GO app.
9. Connect and start your controller and accept connection etc. (I got two) messages.
10. Start (and connect) your Phantom.

After these steps I got DJI GO app working well. If connection did not work, I rebooted Honor when Developer mode was on.

After flying, you can always turn that Developer mode off, to get your device more secure.

I fly a p3p with all the latest firmware. I use a nvidia shield K1 with android 7.0. I have had the same app crashes during flight as most other pilots have had with the K1 and android 7.0. I tried all the suggested fixes except rolling back to android 6.0, but nothing helped. However, about August 7, another update came out for dji go app, which is 3.1.10. So I updated to the app. Since the app update, I have gone from about 1 app crash to 0 crashes and I have flown about 10 or so batteries. The fix may have been in the last go app update. How about that!

I m using android also but not for long. New apple phone and tablet comming for christmas. Its pretty clear dji leans to aplle just check the list of apple ver android

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20