DJI Go no Camera link (Android)

Reaction score
Total newbie here so forgive if this is a simple fix, but my searches have not found it.

Phantom 3 Pro, latest firmware on drone and controller via the Go app. On the Connect your DJI device screen the "How to Connect" button does not change to "Camera" on plugging in my tablet.

I'm fairly certain is is a tablet device setting as I have 3 Android devices, a Note 4 and a older Tab 4 that work fine with the camera and a newer Tab S2 that refuses to connect as described.

The Note 4 is my main phone and has a small screen, The older Tab 4 works great but is a bit too tall to fit in the controller's holder and the USB cable is at the bottom.

Of course the tablet that fits just right will not connect. It did give a pop up about Android file transfer and Samsung Smart Switch needing to be installed on MacOS but this is Android and Samsung Smart Switch is installed on the tablet.

I'm sure it is just a setting or missing file, but I am clueless on finding it. This drone is brand new, too much rain to fly yet.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I hate to say this, but Samsung appears, to me, to be in a class of their own when it comes to drone related things attaching to their USB ports.

And I am a Samsung guy, S2 S3,S5,S6, Note4, Tab S 8.4 ...on and on and on. I have managed to make most of the stuff connect to most of the other stuff, but the one thing I finally gave up on is Litchi connecting to the Tab S units. I say units because I have a matched pair, when the first would not ever no way in he hockey sticks connect, I bought a twin, thinking it was just defective, only to discover both would not connect One of them connected long enough ONCE to tell me that my internet connection was no good and it could not contact the DJI servers, then after that joyous message, it forever refused to connect again..

I "THINK" I know a little about the Android world, as I root and unlock everything, and have at least seen a Linux machine once. But the Sammy Tablets bested me. In my case Go was OK, but Litchi was a No Go. Other fellows on here claim to have the exact same Tablet and no problems. For me, Ultimate Flight connected instantly without a hiccup, and that is why I use it.

I wish I could be more positive, I'd just hate to see you grow old trying to get something working which never will .

Your mileage may vary.

EDIT...I see while I was ranting a posting showed up concerning Litchi and Tab 8.4 Pro or something like that.

Reactions: redbusdriver
Thanks. I'm a bit savvy on things Android as well but was scratching my head over this one. My Note 4 is rooted with Nougat and runs a Note 7 custom Rom and it connected just fine! My older Tab 4 10.1 is stock and also worked. It is actually the tablet I had decided to dedicate to the controller but it won't fit in the bracket. Guess I will just rig up a block on the back of the Tab to make it fit and go on with life. Thanks Sammy!

At least I know for certain the drone is working to this point, so I got that going for me.

And thanks again (for real) Kirby.

Update. Changed my search to "DJI go Samsung tablet issues" and found several posts describing USB mode issues in Android 6.0.1 on the Samsung S2 tablet. If you have developer mode enabled it can be sorta fixed in USB configuration by changing from MTP to RNDIS. Doing this after a a cold boot might allow you to set the DJI app as default. Unfortunately this is required every time you want to use DJI Go, so I feel it is risky if you have to restart the app in flight. My fix is to use my old Tab 4 10.1 using Android 5.

Sorry if this was covered ad nauseum before, I was being too specific in my search.

Update. Changed my search to "DJI go Samsung tablet issues" and found several posts describing USB mode issues in Android 6.0.1 on the Samsung S2 tablet. If you have developer mode enabled it can be sorta fixed in USB configuration by changing from MTP to RNDIS. Doing this after a a cold boot might allow you to set the DJI app as default. Unfortunately this is required every time you want to use DJI Go, so I feel it is risky if you have to restart the app in flight. My fix is to use my old Tab 4 10.1 using Android 5.

Sorry if this was covered ad nauseum before, I was being too specific in my search.
Thanks. My tabs are Android 4.4.2 and I have not seen the RNDIS mode, I believe it appeared after my version.

Nonetheless, anything that tweaky is not for me. I always tell people, "Yeah, in a boat, if your engine quits, you don't sink." Kinda the same with these programs, I'd like to have some measure of reliability.

Thanks again Bud.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl