DJI Go Issues

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Just got my P3S last weekend. I installed the DJI Go app on my phone, but was unable to make it connect to my aircraft. I'm hoping maybe someone will have some advice for me here.

I tried the app on my phone, a Blackberry Priv running Android 6.0. I also tried the app on my tablet, an LG Gpad 8 running Android 6.0. In both cases, the app acts like it is trying to connect to the wrong aircraft. I get the "How To Connect" button for every aircraft except the Inspire 1 Raw, which shows a grayed out "Camera" button below it. It does this even before I log in and stays this way after I log in. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it with no change.

I installed the app on my wife's phone, an HTC One running Android 5.0 and it worked without any issues. So I can fly using my wife's phone on an older version of Android, but cannot fly using my phone/tablet on the current version.

Any thoughts here?

Many devices are not compatible with DJI GO. Try a tablet from this list.

Thanks, I guess that's the issue. Kind of sad that I have to find another device to operate my aircraft. You'd think that the app would work with any Android device, not select ones.

Is there a better app that will possibly let me fly using my own device, instead of borrowing a device?

You can find a list of 3rd party apps that'll work with the P3S here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj