DJI GO for Android has been released

Just wondering Chris (Vedeler) whether you lost your flight logs when uninstall of pilot app and new install dji go..or is it somehow synched to the cloud

You said the beta testing on the goodies starts tomorrow correct?

I was thinking its going to run at least two months before they let us play.

Any idea how long the beta testing will run? I don't think you mean the goodies will come out tomorrow.

And as always thanks Frank.

Nothing is coming out today other then a new charging hub. How long beta testing runs is dictated by several variables. Even when the project ends it may need more testing before it is ready for users. Say there was 50 testers. Half would test android and the other half would iS0. Then they have it as X number of testers are testing with X-type of device, and so on. So some may blow right through and have no issues whatsoever, while a different group may never get all the issues completely addressed. And something like this could hold up the release date.

Not good! My first flight with DJI GO version 2.0.1 and FW 1.3.20 (RC FW 1.4.01). First it look good, no lag, but after 10 min flight it start to lag. After 18 min the DJI GO app crashed, I must restart application. The lag was terrible after 10 min flight. I have latest Google services updates.
I think I am going back to version 1.1.0
Also before take off, App wants me to upgrade my A/C Fw!

I updated everything this morning (second time in a week!): to Android GO App 2.0.1 (from the Play Store) and then it updated the RC firmware again. The lag issue seems better or no worse than with several previous versions, so I'm sticking with it. My Samsung S5 phone is OK most of the time, but as with all Android devices, it's a multi-purpose device being used for this single purpose. Apparently, they still haven't found the optimal solution. The good news is that even if the phone conks out for a bit, it ultimately reconnects and the Phantom comes home.

When i open the DJI GO app,it sends me to a page that reads "Connect your aircraft". When I follow the directions on how to connect at the end it tells me to go to the equipment page. The icon on the bottom left says equipment. I tap it and nothing. What im I doing wrong? I am using the note 3.

When i open the DJI GO app,it sends me to a page that reads "Connect your aircraft". When I follow the directions on how to connect at the end it tells me to go to the equipment page. The icon on the bottom left says equipment. I tap it and nothing. What im I doing wrong? I am using the note 3.
You're probably already on the Equipment tab.There's a slide show showing the Inspire and the various Phantom models. You have to slide to your model, and it should connect when everything else is activated and connected. The "Enter Camera View" bar will turn from gray to blue. Press that bar, and you'll recognize the interface from the Pilot app. In the future, it will remember your model and open on the correct screen.

I have a Nexus 6 too. It's been useable but not the greatest, will be glad to see how this update changes it. Hopefully for the better.

I have been using my Nexus 6 ever since I received my P3 Pro found it to be good but not great. The curve on the back of the Nexus 6 is a bit of a pain to attach to the remote especially when I add a sun shield. But to me its not that big of a deal and by no way will it deter me from using it. I just purchased a Nexus 7 tablet (2013 model) and its perfect! I still use my Nexus 6 ever once in a while but to me the 7 isn't too big or too small its just right. Hope this helps and enjoy your new Phantom.

Reactions: AlmostTan
So is there any functionality difference between the IOS GO app and the Android GO app?
Still weighing my option in terms of iPad Mini or an Android tablet.
I know the iPad mini works flawlessly with the GO app yet IIMHO the screen is very hard to see outdoors.

I have been using my Nexus 6 ever since I received my P3 Pro found it to be good but not great. The curve on the back of the Nexus 6 is a bit of a pain to attach to the remote especially when I add a sun shield. But to me its not that big of a deal and by no way will it deter me from using it. I just purchased a Nexus 7 tablet (2013 model) and its perfect! I still use my Nexus 6 ever once in a while but to me the 7 isn't too big or too small its just right. Hope this helps and enjoy your new Phantom.

I just got my sun shield today from amazon. It's the official DJI one. It is definitely a struggle with the curved back...ahhhh I hope the next Nexus this fall doesn't have a curved back. Jealous of your Nexus 7 experience.

You're probably already on the Equipment tab.There's a slide show showing the Inspire and the various Phantom models. You have to slide to your model, and it should connect when everything else is activated and connected. The "Enter Camera View" bar will turn from gray to blue. Press that bar, and you'll recognize the interface from the Pilot app. In the future, it will remember your model and open on the correct screen.
Thanks for your reply,but there is no "enter camera view bar". There is only a Blue "how to connect" bar.

Downloaded from DJI to my Galaxy Tab A. Went out and flew for 15 min with no problem. Seems smoother with better video.

Thanks for your reply,but there is no "enter camera view bar". There is only a Blue "how to connect" bar.
I truly not trying to be difficult. Does the screen show your particular device, the specific Phantom that you have? If not, you have to swipe sideways until you get your exact model of the Phantom.

I truly not trying to be difficult. Does the screen show your particular device, the specific Phantom that you have? If not, you have to swipe sideways until you get your exact model of the Phantom.
No problem bro. But yes I scroll sideways till I get to the quad I have which is the pro.
Still I doesn't do anything. Pisses me off that I spent that much and can't fly because of an app!

No problem bro. But yes I scroll sideways till I get to the quad I have which is the pro.
Still I doesn't do anything. Pisses me off that I spent that much and can't fly because of an app!

So you have your app installed, usb cable connected to your RC and phone/tablet and your phantom and RC turned on and when you choose your model and it walks you through the steps to "pair" you are not getting this screen (see attached) after completion?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-13-22-15-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-13-22-15-12.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 279
So you have your app installed, usb cable connected to your RC and phone/tablet and your phantom and RC turned on and when you choose your model and it walks you through the steps to "pair" you are not getting this screen (see attached) after completion?
I do get that screen, but where it says camera view, it says" how to connect". That's it. So I click it follow the instructions and go back to the equipment page and still says the same thing. How to connect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20