DJI GO for Android has been released

all works perfectly to me.. But i have a galaxy s5 with cyanomod 12 that turns my phone to a perfect device for DJI pilot and now DJI go app.

I will without a doubt stay with the Pilot app due to the stability. Also since the new revision DJI made for the sdk developers app's, the Ultimate Flight app has become the Hot Ticket.
It has the most wanted features. It's way above the GO app. It's worth checking out.

The only issue I have with Ken's app is the look of the app. It's not polished or slick in the least bit. For that reason would I pay (another) $10 for the app? Nope. The other issue I have with it right now is I'm not clear if it still needs special firmware of if this last release corrected that issue.

As far as "Go"... I'll wait. Question... does it add _anything_ that Pilot did not have? Truth is, Pilot is working just fine for me so I see no reason to change. I really think Go was put out because of the Matrix and that it adds nothing to the P3.

Now I'm just waiting for the 20 new threads "announcing" Go for Android. :)

Reactions: MoreGone
Woke up and it was already installed on the Nexus 7 II...auto updated.
Going to wait a bit before registering. ( EDIT ) Had all my information did not have to register or login to DJI )

The Camera Settings Menu is a bit nicer.
RC Signal Loss Options ( Return to Home) ( Landing ) and ( Hover )
Getting better GPS inside Garage Getting 10, I use to be lucky if I got 4 inside.
In Profile it shows your Pilot Level now by numbers
Shows Stick movement with past flights in flight records.
Adjusting Gimbal in Camera View seems easier.
MUI Settings were fine same quick warm up under 20 secs

No Follow ME ORBIT Nothing but above.
Nexus 7 II little Warm for just bench testing, the N7 II can handle quite a bit of heat left side by camera. Just an observation.

Thats My Report! Work today you guy's enjoy! Will look forward to your observations and flight reports later.

Last edited:
I installed over the top of the Pilot app, and it updated with no issues. Just flicked through it and seems ok. Ill give it a flight when the weather improves, which at the moment looks like Sunday :(:(
I did the same and just updated over the Pilot app but i noticed the app on my screen was still saying dji pilot even though it was actually the Go app. The app did seem to work properly although i did not connect to the bird.
I decided to uninstall the Pilot app from the Shield and freshly installed the GO app, the app now correctly says go app.
The Pilot app worked flawlessly with the latest 1.3.20 firmware on my Shield so will see how it goes with the new Go app when i take it for a fly later.

The only issue I have with Ken's app is the look of the app. It's not polished or slick in the least bit. For that reason would I pay (another) $10 for the app? Nope. The other issue I have with it right now is I'm not clear if it still needs special firmware of if this last release corrected that issue.

As far as "Go"... I'll wait. Question... does it add _anything_ that Pilot did not have? Truth is, Pilot is working just fine for me so I see no reason to change. I really think Go was put out because of the Matrix and that it adds nothing to the P3.

you should really check out the litchi app - it looks much more polished.

also includes more features including a working follow-me as well as upcoming cable-cam...

also includes more features including a working follow-me as well as upcoming cable-cam...
We can go back to dji pilot and FIRMWARE correct? I think this weekend I'm am going to give it a try..it's been around long enough it should be a no worry app right?

This app is still in beta for the p3 correct? I've used the ultimate app with my p2+ and it worked good but like the others I didn't care for the ui either.
Can you post a link for the beta group?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Top corner, plane looking icon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Litchi is in alpha for the p3. Go to the litchi website, then follow discussion forum links to their google groups pages where you can learn more.

Stick input view shows up for old (Phantom Pilot) flights as well.

I updated my Acer Icona 8 and DJI Go crashes immediately. I've rebooted the tablet and it crashes at the same place each time. Tried an uninstall and reinstall. Same thing. Where can I get DJI Pilot now?
I have the same tablet and am experiencing the same results as you are. I also have an old Motorola Moto X which was able to download the GO app and load the new firmware onto my RC with it, however I cannot see the small display on the phone in the field. Im hoping DJI hasn't made the Acer incompatible with GO since I purchased it a month ago to fly my P3 with.

Don't tell anyone but beta testing for the goodies all have been waiting for begins tomorrow. The GroundStation is losing it's name to Intelligent Navigation Mode. Includes such features as, 100 waypoints, orbit, followme, poi, and more.

Reactions: SENC
I did the same and just updated over the Pilot app but i noticed the app on my screen was still saying dji pilot even though it was actually the Go app. The app did seem to work properly although i did not connect to the bird.
I decided to uninstall the Pilot app from the Shield and freshly installed the GO app, the app now correctly says go app.
The Pilot app worked flawlessly with the latest 1.3.20 firmware on my Shield so will see how it goes with the new Go app when i take it for a fly later.

The flight went perfect, no disconnections or lag and the Go app worked perfectly. Using Nvidia Shield on lollipop 5.1, quad firmware 1.3.20.

Reactions: envisionabove
Don't tell anyone but beta testing for the goodies all have been waiting for begins tomorrow. The GroundStation is losing it's name to Intelligent Navigation Mode. Includes such features as, 100 waypoints, orbit, followme, poi, and more.
Whoa, this is big news! Are you saying this is coming from DJI or one of the 3rd party apps?? Also, will this be for P3P only or also P3A?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj