DJI GO for Android has been released

Mine says 2.01 now and honestly don't know what it said before.

But I did an update about 12 hours again and then was prompted a couple hours again that I had updates available for DJI Go.

Updated twice on my Asus Tab and twice on Samsung.

Cool I'm Nexus 7 II who knows but the shadow now.
I zipped a question to RC groups lets see if Blade or Ed bite and say something.
Sounds like you may have been home today maybe... Did you say you took her out for a spin this morning?
It's 100 F here in San Diego just got out of work I'm going to rest rather than fly for now.

Cool I'm Nexus 7 II who knows but the shadow now.
I zipped a question to RC groups lets see if Blade or Ed bite and say something.
Sounds like you may have been home today maybe... Did you say you took her out for a spin this morning?
It's 100 F here in San Diego just got out of work I'm going to rest rather than fly for now.

We must not live in the Same San Diego? Def not 100F where I am...do you live somewhere inland like Riverside or Hemet?

I think the morning update was 2.0 and the afternoon 2.01. Just flew a battery on it with no issues - seemed to be less screen lag, but a neighbor came over so I was busy showing him and trying to make sure it didn't do something crazy. Also flew a battery on the latest litchi alpha and it seemed fairly stable. It was getting a bit dark for me to really judge screen lag on litchi. Both were on the latest DJI SDK firmware, so I can confirm that you can switch back and forth between apps. Both flights a little under 10 minutes and 4-6k feet with varying altitudes up to 390. Did not test any of the additional features on litchi as I just wanted to take it slow given new firmware, but all show up as options (follow me, poi, waypoints). Need to play with that app some more to get familiar - couldn't find several things (like gimbal adjustments) that may need to be managed through GO, nor could I find a flight record for the litchi flight. Pretty cool, though. More feedback over the coming days as I test more.

Reactions: envisionabove
I think the morning update was 2.0 and the afternoon 2.01. Just flew a battery on it with no issues - seemed to be less screen lag, but a neighbor came over so I was busy showing him and trying to make sure it didn't do something crazy. Also flew a battery on the latest litchi alpha and it seemed fairly stable. It was getting a bit dark for me to really judge screen lag on litchi. Both were on the latest DJI SDK firmware, so I can confirm that you can switch back and forth between apps. Both flights a little under 10 minutes and 4-6k feet with varying altitudes up to 390. Did not test any of the additional features on litchi as I just wanted to take it slow given new firmware, but all show up as options (follow me, poi, waypoints). Need to play with that app some more to get familiar - couldn't find several things (like gimbal adjustments) that may need to be managed through GO, nor could I find a flight record for the litchi flight. Pretty cool, though. More feedback over the coming days as I test more.

Thanks! Nice an informative... I like your info on the Litchi App going to try that this weekend.

Last edited:
Do you still need google play store to be disabled when using version 1.2 to avoid lag? I'm currently running pilot app 2.0. It appears that the new GO app has not addressed the performance problems. I'm now thinking of going to version 1.2 it it's any better than 2.0..

Correction, I'm currently running v1.2. The newest version is now the GO app v2.0.1
Just got in from flying two batteries. DJI Go 2.0 Tab S 8.4

First battery was flown out 5k ft and back with Google Service updates uninstalled. I was not in airplane mode. No lagging at all and flight went very well.

Second Battery I updated Google Service and at the same time it updated DJI GO to 2.1. I flew out the same 5k and when I got around 4k the video got a bit jerky. So I killed all apps and turned on airplane mode. Flew home and it did not seem to make much difference.

So my personal conclusion is there is still a bug with the darn Google Service thing, even though it was a lot better then DJI Pilot. Pilot would lag for several seconds or more while GO was still usable.

Nexus 7 ii, had to wipe out the old dji file, put go on. It is crazy with bugs on my nexus. Won't let me enter my email and register, half the time I go to get information it locks up. This is just no fun at all. By the way, this tablet is just use for the phantom. Could someone shoot me a link to the old pilot?

Just upgraded my Nexus 7 2013 - went to play store, did a search for DJI Go, and it said Upgrade (not a new install). Flew two batteries, no problems at all, and no app crashes.
I had previously removed all the google updates because the app was crashing all the time. Even still, I was getting the gapps crash. This time, no crash (at least in just two flights).

-SiliconGeek:
Found this by searching for dji-pilot.apk. No idea who these folks are, or if you can still update the app back to 1.20, but it might be worth a shot.

http://m.downloadatoz.com/apps/dji.pilot,1269676.html
Yes... I left it there for anyone that needs it. It would be nice if people didn't share it around like the corner whore though. I shared it to help, not repopulate the planet!

My apologies for any toes stepped upon. That was just the first thing that popped up in a google search of the pilot app apk.

Can anyone confirm that they had lag before on their Android device and after updating the app the lag dod not occur anymore? I have a samsung s5 and samsung tab s. Hoping to try it in a coupple of days and cross my fingers for no lag!
In my case the lag has increased I am using note 3. It is impossible to fly now by looking at the screen only.

That's coming in a later release, was not promised for this one.
I dont know why but in the application it shows App Version 2.0.0 but on the app I have and according to google play it shows Version 2.0.1 was there another release?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers