DJI GO for Android has been released

I have the same tablet and am experiencing the same results as you are. I also have an old Motorola Moto X which was able to download the GO app and load the new firmware onto my RC with it, however I cannot see the small display on the phone in the field. Im hoping DJI hasn't made the Acer incompatible with GO since I purchased it a month ago to fly my P3 with.
I finally got mine to work. I uninstalled the DJI Pilot app and then connected the tablet to a computer and deleted the DJI directory (after backing in up, just in case). I then rebooted the tablet and installed the DJI Go. This worked for me.

Reactions: flyNfrank
I was referring to the DJI GO app-
The pilot app 1.2 works perfectly on nexus 6. I went back to it and disable autoupdates on the playstore.
DJI GO crashes all the time and the cell phone gets extremely hot.

Im on 1.3.2 both on the aircraft and the RC.

Don't tell anyone but beta testing for the goodies all have been waiting for begins tomorrow. The GroundStation is losing it's name to Intelligent Navigation Mode. Includes such features as, 100 waypoints, orbit, followme, poi, and more.

I have a feeling the beta testing is going to last minimum two months before released. Would you say that's about right?

Whoa, this is big news! Are you saying this is coming from DJI or one of the 3rd party apps?? Also, will this be for P3P only or also P3A?
Yeah the 1st one. I think it will not apply to the I1. The iS0 and Android, Pro and Advance.

I have a feeling the beta testing is going to last minimum two months before released. Would you say that's about right?

Huh?

The beta testing happens based on a schedule. And if it's meant to end on day X, that's when the testing stops. They seem to be strict with their project days.

Huh?

The beta testing happens based on a schedule. And if it's meant to end on day X, that's when the testing stops. They seem to be strict with their project days.

You said the beta testing on the goodies starts tomorrow correct?

I was thinking its going to run at least two months before they let us play.

Any idea how long the beta testing will run? I don't think you mean the goodies will come out tomorrow.

And as always thanks Frank.

Updated the DJI Pilot app, got the new interface, everything smoother i.e video transmission, start up and feel of the app, however the S#$* still bugs out on my Note 4 :mad:

It is so annoying, before on the DJI Pilot app if it bugged out all I did is force close, clear RAM and restart and it will show transmission of video and all good. Now it shows disconnected and is really annoying, I can still control the app however now I have land and restart the P3 before any live transmissiom shows up on my phone screen.

Another thing I noticed is that my DJI app still says 'DJI Pilot' and not 'DJI GO' :confused:

(Please see picture)

Do I have to clear cache, uninstall and then install the app again?

Attachments

• 1439409126856.jpg
    1439409126856.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 362
dji go on my s6 edge ... wonderful no lags no gimmicks just flawless i tested it as i promise today for about 15 mins and 2500m distance"with hand made 9dbi booster" and 100m altitude

Reactions: envisionabove
I have a PH3A with my Samsung Tab 4 with the new app release. On the old one I was unable to update the RC on this new release for the first time I got a GREEN Firmware update. I have flown mine many times and it is completely rock solid I have not had any issues whatsoever knock on wood it has been a great. I updated DJI GO and flew it tonight with not one single issue. I flew it at about 200 feet high down the street at 800 feet away and it was great. I am going to do a further test in daylight and will update.
Monico, i have also the tab 4 with the new dji go but i didn't test it yet .. could tell me about the lags in video streaming since i noticed some annoying ones when i had the pilot on it ???

You said the beta testing on the goodies starts tomorrow correct?

I was thinking its going to run at least two months before they let us play.

Any idea how long the beta testing will run? I don't think you mean the goodies will come out tomorrow.

And as always thanks Frank.

last time it seemed to take about 1-2 weeks from when they released the 1.3.20 beta firmware to when they actually rolled it out... so maybe this will happen much quicker than expected

Can anyone confirm that they had lag before on their Android device and after updating the app the lag dod not occur anymore? I have a samsung s5 and samsung tab s. Hoping to try it in a coupple of days and cross my fingers for no lag!

Reactions: AlmostTan
I was referring to the DJI GO app-
The pilot app 1.2 works perfectly on nexus 6. I went back to it and disable autoupdates on the playstore.
DJI GO crashes all the time and the cell phone gets extremely hot.

Im on 1.3.2 both on the aircraft and the RC.

Do you still need google play store to be disabled when using version 1.2 to avoid lag? I'm currently running pilot app 2.0. It appears that the new GO app has not addressed the performance problems. I'm now thinking of going to version 1.2 it it's any better than 2.0..

Correction, I'm currently running v1.2. The newest version is now the GO app v2.0.1

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanK
Do you still need google play store to be disabled when using version 1.2 to avoid lag? I'm currently running pilot app 2.0. It appears that the new GO app has not addressed the performance problems. I'm now thinking of going to version 1.2 it it's any better than 2.0..
Good question. I second it.

Google play store updated mine to 2.0.1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mine, too (2.0.1). Currently upgrading firmware to the SDK firmware and will then test both Go 2.0.1 and the latest litchi. Perhaps things are beginning to settle in. I suspect a lot of update/upgrade activity over the next 30-60 days as features are added and bugs worked, and that individually we'll need to decide on early adopter/tester versus wait and see/let stabilize strategies. Patience either way will be the order of the day.

I was just getting ready to post that I have got two updates today.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Mine says 2.01 now and honestly don't know what it said before.

But I did an update about 12 hours again and then was prompted a couple hours again that I had updates available for DJI Go.

Updated twice on my Asus Tab and twice on Samsung.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20