DJI Go follow me vs Autopilot follow me

I'm not a follw me fan and only tested in beta a couple of times but from my understanding one of the major differences is AFL allows you to select the bearing or angle in which it follows you e.g. in basic mode you select from front, left, right and behind in advanced mode you can select the bearing by degrees. You can also have it aim the camera in different ways and you can set an offset so you can for example follow a pack of hungry lions by staying 500 yards behind and to the left a little but put that offset in to AFL so that it points the camera at the lions.

Check out their flight school for more information.

Reactions: tjlt123
Autopilot is much better than DJI. I tested them today afternoon and difference is day and night. Autopilot's left, right, behind, front issue makes it outstanding. Here is my first follow me flight video.

Autopilot is much better than DJI. I tested them today afternoon and difference is day and night. Autopilot's left, right, behind, front issue makes it outstanding. Here is my first follow me flight video.

I have both. I still use DJI, I'm going to go out later and test autopilot.. Every time I turn off my p3 it goes back to follow rather then FPV. Maybe autopilot will fix this.

DJI's follow me is just not usable from my POV. More a gimmick than a practical application for following vehicles.
Autopilot nailed it hands down (within limitations of the P3 power)

Follow the Pilot
Whilst I understand the "return home" ability, I am trying to understand if the drone is able to follow the pilot if the pilot is on the move, e.g., in a vehicle. Can anyone advise?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1