DJI go App update showing old map??

Reaction score
As it states I'm running with a nexus 7 2 tablet and did an update on the app and it shows an old map. I tried looking in settings to see if there was a setting but found nothing. Before update it was using newer map with Google maps. The map it's using I'm not sure where it's getting from. Also at bottom of map it says here.. Not really a big problem but it annoys the hell out of me.(old map showing)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Google djigo.apk and you can find the downloads.once you have it downloaded uninstall the version on your tablet and just click on the one you downloaded.be sure to uncheck auto updates on the play store.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Gmoney
Not so sure they will "fix" it

one of the DJI reps on the dji forums says that is the new Normal
HERE maps for android....
Well I hope they at least fix the auto zoom feature that worked flawless before and the fact that the new map shows my drone pointing in the wrong direction,makes it impossible to follow the map to fly back to the home position

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, are you saying this only affected Android? My stupid auto update was on, now off, and just realized it updated to 3.1.0 on my iPad mini 4. I don't see here at the bottom as mentioned.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, are you saying this only affected Android? My stupid auto update was on, now off, and just realized it updated to 3.1.0 on my iPad mini 4. I don't see here at the bottom as mentioned.

I-stuff uses apple maps

at least for now!!!!

OR
can this be aimed at making folks look at I-Stuff rather than android.
Force the difference in workability to be so much better for the chosen one?

I-stuff uses apple maps

at least for now!!!!

OR
can this be aimed at making folks look at I-Stuff rather than android.
Force the difference in workability to be so much better for the chosen one?
Kinda what I was thinking. So many updates.. hard to keep up with. I turned it off finally. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Anyone have a link to d/l the ios version? I tried the Charles side editor version 4.16 which was free? Loaded it up & it says I have 30 minutes before it will no longer function. So I'm out of luck getting a rollback of the ios go app.

Anyone have a link to d/l the ios version? I tried the Charles side editor version 4.16 which was free? Loaded it up & it says I have 30 minutes before it will no longer function. So I'm out of luck getting a rollback of the ios go app.
Here's the link for all the old firmware.

DJI GO APK download | APKPure.co

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am running a iPhone 7 not a android, I guess I am the only one that the gimbal wheel doesn't function.

I sent feedback to support, they want a couple of screen shots sent to them. I asked them to send me DJI GO app from two revisions back, I didn't have any problems with version.

Here's the link for all the old firmware.

DJI GO APK download | APKPure.co

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am running a iPhone 7 not a android, I guess I am the only one that the gimbal wheel doesn't function.

I sent feedback to support, they want a couple of screen shots sent to them. I asked them to send me DJI GO app from two revisions back, I didn't have any problems with version.
I don't think the Go app would have anything to do with the gimbal wheel not working.

I don't think the Go app would have anything to do with the gimbal wheel not working.

It worked before I got the latest update. Also the C1 & C2 switches have options in them that were never there before & they function, which they never worked before.

I hope someone has a answer for me, as this is not a usable product for video or stills anymore.

It worked before I got the latest update. Also the C1 & C2 switches have options in them that were never there before & they function, which they never worked before.

I hope someone has a answer for me, as this is not a usable product for video or stills anymore.
There is an option in the Go app that changes the sensitivity of the wheel, maybe you're setting is set to 0?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is an option in the Go app that changes the sensitivity of the wheel, maybe you're setting is set to 0?

So, I checked the option for wheel sensitivity, it was fine.

Now, here is the "Kicker" to all of my problems:

There is a new version of the firmware for the "Bird" but you can't get it via GO APP for IOS unless you have version 3.1.0.2. which has not been released as of yet.

So, you have to d/l it to your camera SD card in the root directory, & make sure you don't have the old version in the root.

I did this and guess what? I have all functions back & a few improvements. No more updates for me after this 27 day ordeal of no flying.

DJI Support was trying to help me, but I was the one that was searching everywhere to get the answer to my problem. I think I need a update highlight from DJI as to a new firmware release, if it concerns my "Bird".

So! Problem solved, finally!

Kurt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic