DJI GO APP iOS Version v2.4.2 Crashes on opening

Reaction score
Today I noticed the app update to iOS Version v2.4.2

Selected update and update installed for the DJI Go App
Using ipad mini 2
When I click on the DJI app... screen comes up, then immediately goes blank.

Uninstalled and re-installed via itunes app link (same link dji sends you to when going through their official site).

Clicked on the app icon again... opens momentarily and then blank again.

Plenty of storage available on my ipad mini 2, cannot locate any program/app conflicts.

Anyone have a procedure to fix this? I'm grounded without the DJI GO APP

Thanks in advance... The app crashes if the rc and quad are or are not connected... makes no difference. P3P

Today I noticed the app update to iOS Version v2.4.2

Selected update and update installed for the DJI Go App
Using ipad mini 2
When I click on the DJI app... screen comes up, then immediately goes blank.

Uninstalled and re-installed via itunes app link (same link dji sends you to when going through their official site).

Clicked on the app icon again... opens momentarily and then blank again.

Plenty of storage available on my ipad mini 2, cannot locate any program/app conflicts.

Anyone have a procedure to fix this? I'm grounded without the DJI GO APP

Thanks in advance... The app crashes if the rc and quad are or are not connected... makes no difference. P3P
What version FW on the controller and P3?

Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030
2015-11-25

RC is also up to date

ipad mini 2 is iOS 9.1

the pilot app flashes and shuts down will not open at all...
anyone know how to do a clean removal from the ipad and then reinstall?

A lot of problems can be solved by re-booting your IOS.
Hold down the home and sleep buttons together until the screen goes black and you get the apple logo. Ignore the 'power off' slider if it comes up and continue to hold the buttons for about 20 seconds. Let go and re-start your iPad.
Many force close conditions are resolved this way

Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030
2015-11-25

RC is also up to date

ipad mini 2 is iOS 9.1

the pilot app flashes and shuts down will not open at all...
anyone know how to do a clean removal from the ipad and then reinstall?
Follow Peter's recommendation and get back if that doesn't work.. If the issue continues, reformat the SD card as the next step.

Had to fall back and RESET the entire ipad mini 2
This deleted everything... including all flight logs and stored information... WORKED.. but because I didn't upload to the cloud, all was lost.
Back in flight status so all is good... somewhere there was a conflict and I couldn't figure it out.

Wish I had found a workaround, but I couldn't wait any longer... reformatting the SD card would have had nothing to do with this issue as it was internal to the ipad, not coming from the P3P

Thank you for all of your suggestions... if this happened to someone on the job, it would have been a show stopper... I'm glad this happened to me as a hobbyist ...

I had a similar problem today, had been flying fine with previous version of Go App, and 1.4 firmware, so decided as its raining/windy today I would update everything. Firmware update was fine, updated go app and it started normally but as soon as I touch 'camera' to connect to RC I would get the progress wheel for a few seconds then go back to IOS home screen, I restarted ipad (off then on), reset (sleep/home key held), no difference. Ended up uninstalling the app, and re-installing which resolved this, but I lost all settings etc which is a pain, but at least its all working again now.

I had a similar problem today, had been flying fine with previous version of Go App, and 1.4 firmware, so decided as its raining/windy today I would update everything. Firmware update was fine, updated go app and it started normally but as soon as I touch 'camera' to connect to RC I would get the progress wheel for a few seconds then go back to IOS home screen, I restarted ipad (off then on), reset (sleep/home key held), no difference. Ended up uninstalling the app, and re-installing which resolved this, but I lost all settings etc which is a pain, but at least its all working again now.
Yep, me too... lost all of my flight logs... it's been fine ever since though...

I just restored my ipad from backup, so I've got my flight logs back, so going to try to sync them (seems to take hours?), and then update app again hopefully just a glitch on updating.

Is the gimbal tilt smoothing a new setting, I didn't notice this before and its very nice !

Sync failed, so I tried again and it zipped through in a minute or so, so clearly something going on there. Everything is back working again fine now on previous app version (2.4.2?), so I will leave well alone ;)

I just restored my ipad from backup, so I've got my flight logs back, so going to try to sync them (seems to take hours?), and then update app again hopefully just a glitch on updating.

Is the gimbal tilt smoothing a new setting, I didn't notice this before and its very nice !
Nope.. the gimbal control as always there... speed control, unless you're referring to something else?

I had much the same thing happen. DJI Go App would crash and exit when I tried to enter camera view. Simple answer is I uninstalled and re-installed the App and it worked. One odd thing though.... When I fired up the app after re-installing again I was prompted to go thru a "Safety Slideshow" which I had skipped in the past. As I was paging through the safety brief there was one page that asked you to agree and acknowledge you had read the material. I agreed and the app fired up just fine. I just wonder if this is one of DJI's hidden tricks? KBW

Last edited:
Nope.. the gimbal control as always there... speed control, unless you're referring to something else?

Sorry, I hadn't noticed it before: Gimbal pitch smooth (on gimbal settings page) - I've ended up on 21 which smooths out the start/stop nicely, even at end of travel.

Gimbal pitch EXP and Gimbal Wheel speed settings seem to play off each other, so I fiddled back and forward, but with the pitch smooth on you can run faster pitch without it being too jerky.

I wish you could adjust the gimbal pitch 'start point' as I'd prefer it down slightly, but other than that and the gimbal pitch settings being spread around too much these are nice settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic