DJI GO app disconnects while in flight please help

Reaction score
Whats up fellow phantom 4 pilots!!

So glad to be on this forum with you all. Ive consulted this forum a few times in the past and its a great resource. So I just bought a P4 and love it! however Ive been flying for a few weeks and this past weekend and today I had the DJI Go App disconnect on me while the P4 is in the air and flying!! First time this happened I thought I was going to see it disappear and fly away. The first time this happened was this weekend and I was flying away from me and then the app disconnected. I couldn't control the P4 and it kept heading in the direction I was flying so I unplugged the lighting cable and replugged it in. That did not work. I tried closing the app and restarting it, still nothing. At this time I was freaking out! I saw 1400 dollars about to fly away!! I panicked and turned off the controller and that ended up fixing it. However, since I turned off the transmitter the aircraft picked a new home point over a forest and started to its descent LOL. but at this time I was able to gain altitude and fly back. I was freaked out. I have the latest firmware update, latest DJI Go update and latest update on my ipad/iphone. This happened again today while I was at the park, but it was in a hover position, and I was able to fly it back to me with out having to restart the transmitter. the first time it happened it kept flying away and I couldnt control it and today I was able to control it. very weird!

whats up with this. anyone else have this happen to their P4. whats the remedy? also, is it okay to turn off your transmitter( it wont fall out of the sky right)? I know turning it off would be a last ditch effort to regain control however..

any help is appreciated and glad to be here on this forum with you all

thanks

Josh

ps any P4 pilots in the Raleigh Durham, Cary North carolina area want to go fly on the weekends, please let me know! I know of some nice hideaways in the area to fly at. Ive been in Cary NC for 28 years now :)

Last edited:
whats up with this. anyone else have this happen to their P4.
I haven't encountered this before.

is it okay to turn off your transmitter( it wont fall out of the sky right)?
Do not freak out when RC is disconnected with the app or RC.
Look for status LED on RC, if it's green, press RTH to home on your RC and wait for P4 to come back :)
If it's red. RTH will initiate and P4 will come back.

Yea but if the app disconnects and you try reloading the app and it still won't work should I just use RTH on the controller then at that point? Hasn't happened again

Reactions: jsdyer
I wouldn't want to try reloading the app since it would bring more panic if it didn't connect to RC. If the quad is in LOS, I would control it manually and perform a landing, else just initialize RTH.

Yes shutting down the app
Could actually restart the home point in a different spot which would be bad. So initializing RTH is the best option if the app disconnects again.

Thanks for the info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31