DJI go app connection issue

Reaction score
Hi all,

A little back story first to fill you in.

I purchased a P3 4K about 4 weeks ago in mid September and absolutely loved flying it but wanted more, so I began looking for a P3P used inside my return window for the 4K. I had no issue with the 4K beyond lack of distance with connecting from drone to controller but it was within DJI suggested perimeters for flying so all was normal. I finally found a P3P for a great deal and made the choice to return the 4K and get the P3P. When I got home with the P3P I immediately released that I couldn't get the go app to realize I had the controller connected. The aircraft connects to the controller, I can start and fly the bird, but the controller never changes from "how to connect" to "camera view". I was using an iPad mini 2 with the 4K and continued to use it with no change to the iPad or app when I began trying to connect with the P3P. This was a week ago on Monday Sept 26.

Since then I have contacted the seller, who offered to allow me to connect the bird during sale to my iPad and I declined but I thought it showed trustworthiness, he has not flown the bird since June when he upgraded to the P4 when it worked fine.

The DJI go app has updated with the Mavic 3.0 update.

I have done crazy research realizing that around a year ago an app update caused the same issue.

I have attempted to update the firmware on the drone but the .txt file says the firmware is the same as the drone

I have tried a galaxy s7 edge, iPhone 5s (first running iOS 9 and now 10) and a galaxy tab 2 all running the latest version of the app. The galaxy's start charging when connected to the USB but tethering isn't allowing me to turn it on.

I have factory reset the original iPad with my computer and started it as a new device. Reinstalling DJI go

I have done the controller to bird reconnect by holding down c1, c2, and I believe video record and then pressing camera setting wheel or something along those lines. It was a controller reset for r/c to bird though.

I have deleted everything on the memory card including update file and all photos, leaving the photos folder.

I am completely at a loss now. I don't see anyone having the same complaint yet as me exactly but some having close to the same issue. I have tried everything I can find but more and more I'm feeling like it's something I'm missing. I follow the on screen instruction to connect my device. Even trying multiple cables to connect it. Any advice would be appreciated. Please help me get back in the air.

DJI Phantom 3 Pro
Controller with USB plug
iPad mini with 3.0 DJI go app

Other devices tried include galaxy s7 edge, iPhone 5s both iOS 9 and 10 and galaxy tab 2 (unknown firmware) all with new app

I apologize for the length. Just want to be thorough in info.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Same issue @Pharm ? I talked to DJI chat support and they were helpful as always. Asked if I tried deleting and redownloading the app about a dozen times and then told me I should pay to ship it to them and then they would tell me if they could fix it. I attempted to download an older version of the API for the go app off another thread but after I install the API I can find and get to download, it wants a iTunes account log in from some random French email address so of course I don't have that

Same issue @Pharm ? I talked to DJI chat support and they were helpful as always. Asked if I tried deleting and redownloading the app about a dozen times and then told me I should pay to ship it to them and then they would tell me if they could fix it. I attempted to download an older version of the API for the go app off another thread but after I install the API I can find and get to download, it wants a iTunes account log in from some random French email address so of course I don't have that

No. I don't have the same issue. I just bumped it because no one was offering you any suggestions. I thought by bumping it, people would see your question again and you might get some helpful answers since I don't have a solution. I hate to see someone needing help and no one's answering.

I appreciate the bump. I think it's just an issue that's really stumping. I've come down to either an app issue ( trying to find a clean API for an earlier version) a USB post bandwidth issue, or an internal hardware problem

It doesn't look like it was mentioned, so I will..... Did you login to your dji account from the go app?

I have the same issue with my Samsung note 4. It will not show up as it is connected to the control and change the button to "camera view". Everyone I talk to says there samsung note 4 works fine. I have been stumped with this for a year now. I think it may have something to do with it being a verizon phone. I even went out and bought a tablet that is supposed to be a compatible tablet through verizon but it does the same thing.

Yes flyNfrank I am logged into the app. I have however tried not logging in on several re downloads before. You would be the first person to ask about it being logged in though. Still no luck. Seriously considering buying a new one and returning this one to DJI. It's nine months old. I shouldn't be having issues like this.

Yes flyNfrank I am logged into the app. I have however tried not logging in on several re downloads before. You would be the first person to ask about it being logged in though. Still no luck. Seriously considering buying a new one and returning this one to DJI. It's nine months old. I shouldn't be having issues like this.

You need the box the A/C comes in should it need sent back for warranty repair. The serial numbers have to match.

Now that I think about this, most tablets have a usb connection setting. On my tablets you just scroll down from the top of the screen. You can then select for usb to transfer files, or to charge battery, and a couple more settings. It is here that you want it set for transfer files or something related to it.

The tablet will not recognize the controller without the setting adjusted. Once set, you should then ONLY need to power up the controller and it automatically enable to app. Then power the A/C and your ready to calibrate, of fly depending on your situation.

I am using an iPad and as far as I can find, there are no options for USB connectivity like that. Also on all the android devices I have tried, and that list is growing with everyone I can do a test run on, I have yet to find an option for how to use the USB. It just starts charging when I plug it in

I am using an iPad and as far as I can find, there are no options for USB connectivity like that. Also on all the android devices I have tried, and that list is growing with everyone I can do a test run on, I have yet to find an option for how to use the USB. It just starts charging when I plug it in

Then I'd say this is where all your issue are at with the usb. If you that figured out you will be good to go. Btw, some tablets will stay set, once set. Others may need to set each time you power the tablet.

Do NOT upgrade to IOS 10 or DJI Go 3.0. There are terrible issues of Lag and connectivity. My P3S is basically grounded. My iPad has IOS 10 and I did not upgrade DJI Go 3.0 on it and it seems to work ok.

Unfortunetaly still no suggestions and I haven't cracked the issue. Is there anyone in the north Georgia area with a working P3P that would be willing to meet with me and see if my device will recognize there's and/or there device will recognize mine? I'd appreciate it a lot. I'm ready to get back out to flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl