DJI GO 4.0 is out for iOS

Reaction score
Good news!

Attachments

• IMG_2190.PNG
    IMG_2190.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 648
Reactions: ringolong
Are you sure? I just got the app and there's phantom 4 on the drop down menu.. all my batteries are empty I'm charging one now..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Good catch, I didn't see that. All of the chatter from RC Groups said it wasn't compatible, supporting only Mavic and P4P. And I believe the release notes said that too.

Update:
upload_2016-11-29_21-55-13.png

So maybe this new app does work with P4. That's interesting.

Update,
I just tried with my Android and Go4 seems to work with my P4 in my bedroom with props off. Camera connects, motors start, etc. I'll fly tomorrow and see how it goes. I normally use iOS, so I'll download it also and see what happens. Oh, I'm still on old 1.02.503 firmware and the app seems to work.

Update:
iOS version of GO4 works with P4 also (in my office with props off). The interface has a little facelift, nothing huge though.

Last edited:
Good catch, I didn't see that. All of the chatter from RC Groups said it wasn't compatible. And I believe the release notes said that too.

Update:
View attachment 69695

So maybe this new app does work with P4. That's interesting.

I'll let you know how it goes. Personally I'm excited for separate software specifically for the P4/P4Pro maybe they will be improve horizon tilt issues, altitude drop and create a really stable bird for good. I'm not sure if the app even can have influence on those things but maybe there will be some benefit when developing firmware

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wohoo! Great news.. I just cancelled my backup order for a Nvidia Shield.

So it appears that 2X zoom is still supported for the P4 with GO4, however I'm not sure about 32Ch hack, I haven't tried that yet. The GO4 interface has been dolled up a little, but maybe not since I'm use to using GO ver. 2.8.3. I see something in the menu that says "Coach Mode", I'm unaware what that is. Does anyone know? Is that a new name for Beginner Mode?

It's morning here on delivery day, sunrise is 40 mins away, iOS app just saved me £100.....things are looking good!

So it appears that 2X zoom is still supported for the P4 with GO4, however I'm not sure about 32Ch hack, I haven't tried that yet. The GO4 interface has been dolled up a little, but maybe not since I'm use to using GO ver. 2.8.3. I see something in the menu that says "Coach Mode", I'm unaware what that is. Does anyone know? Is that a new name for Beginner Mode?
32 Channel Hack still works on DJI GO 4 on iOS with the P4! Just install the same file into the DJI GO 4 app folder just like we have into the DJI GO app folder. :cool:. Whether it will work on the P4P+ Android integrated CrystalSky screen/tablet is still unknown. The only trick would be installing it. DJI GO 4 does support it.

Individual Flight Logs, under DJI GO 4, after being synced, don't display correctly on iPad Mini 2, Mini 4, Air 2 or iPad Pro, and selecting individual flight records completely locks up the app on all four devices. :eek: However, on my iPhone 6+, they display and play fine. Go figure! Hopefully they can get that fixed soon.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic