DJI flight training in Houston

Reaction score
This thing is driving me crazy. I used to think I was realitivly intelligent until I got a drone. I am looking for some DJI Phantom 3 instruction in the southern Houston area. I need get started, and flight, but mostly get started. I flew this thing a couple times now I cant seem to get it to do anything. Anyone interested or know anyone that would?

I flew this thing a couple times now I cant seem to get it to do anything.
What exactly are your issues? You can get lots of assistance here. Which P3 are you flying?

This thing is driving me crazy. I used to think I was realitivly intelligent until I got a drone. I am looking for some DJI Phantom 3 instruction in the southern Houston area. I need get started, and flight, but mostly get started. I flew this thing a couple times now I cant seem to get it to do anything. Anyone interested or know anyone that would?
I hope you can find someone to go out with. I found it very helpful and reassuring to fly my first time with someone else with experience, to see a systematic approach to 'getting going' and to get some pointers beyond what I had already seen in several YouTuber's videos...
and yes, folks on this forum have also been very helpful at solving problems with each other....

What exactly are your issues? You can get lots of assistance here. Which P3 are you flying?
I'm about to slam this 1000.00 paper weight.
My frustration is just building. I have a P3 Standard.
This is my process
-Charge all
-P flight mode
-Turn on trans
-Turn on Drone (should any lights come on? Lights on batt come on for few seconds and back off. No drone lights)
-DJI app, phantom 3, camera
-WiFi on , put in password
At this point in the past i'd see through the drone camera. not now.
- cant cal compass
-Says status normal but "disconnected" on the screen.
I have flown this a few times but there seems to be something not letting me now.
I have watched a couple YouTube vids and written down notes for getting off the ground but nothing seems to work

-Turn on Drone (should any lights come on? Lights on batt come on for few seconds and back off. No drone lights)
A lot of people forget the "double press" to turn on the aircraft. Press power, release. Press and hold. You don't suppose that is the issue do you?

A lot of people forget the "double press" to turn on the aircraft. Press power, release. Press and hold. You don't suppose that is the issue do you?
Very well could be. I'll try that today.
I don't remember doing that before but I cant say I didn't .
I'd rather look stupid and be flying then not:)

It worked. I feel dumb but at least I got off the ground. Problem is as soon as I took off it just flew off. I panicked and crashed. Now my gimble is jacked up. It says Gimble motor overloaded. Can anything be done?

It sounds like you might be in for a gimbal replacement now. P3 gimbals are notoriously weak. I was just going to chime in a let you know that I am in South Houston and would be happy to help you with some flight training once you get your drone back airworthy again.

I would really appreciate any help you can give. I’m in the Pearland area. Text or call Dave 281-409-9482. My drone flys fine but I’m waiting on parts for the gimbal.
I didn’t have much luck finding a whole gimbal.

I would really appreciate any help you can give. I’m in the Pearland area. Text or call Dave 281-409-9482. My drone flys fine but I’m waiting on parts for the gimbal.

I’m in Brenham Tx. I don’t know a whole lot but can definitely fly with confidence(largely due to just getting out there and taking a chance to learn and asking many questions in the forum). I would be glad to help you as much as I can.

I'm actually in Pearland too! Shoot me a message on here if you want to connect. Happy to help any way that I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31