DJI FIX THE RTH PLEASE

I also don't understand why the hight cant be configured just like you configure what the controller switch's do. It should actually be a setting in the mobile app that gets communicated to the phantom when connected to it.

However asking dji on this forum that they probably will never see is pointless. You need to let them know directly, if enough people request it they may implement it.

If I understand you correctly I concur with your request. I have tall trees all over the place and I wish they would let us set the RTH altitude in the Assistant software.

skyhighdiver said:
http://youtu.be/X7EAS9sGVho

Flying at 70ft and a rth would mean the death of my baby
please make it so we can set a height above the 66ft
yes I know if im higher at time of RTH it stays there, but if im not !#$#%$*^%^(^(^(*&^) :evil:

Yes that would be awesome I agree. Let me decide my RTH minimum height!!!

BlackTracer said:
skyhighdiver said:
http://youtu.be/X7EAS9sGVho

Flying at 70ft and a rth would mean the death of my baby
please make it so we can set a height above the 66ft
yes I know if im higher at time of RTH it stays there, but if im not !#$#%$*^%^(^(^(*&^) :evil:

Yes that would be awesome I agree. Let me decide my RTH minimum height!!!

I posted on there facebook and home page and called but used wrong example been getting drilled for flying by power lines :roll: :roll: guess I should have used a tall tree .
I would not even care if it was 66 min as long as we could set a higher minimum more appropriate for our location

Don't wanna piss on your thread but dji doesn't read these forums... Why don't you call or email them instead

skyhighdiver said:
I would not even care if it was 66 min as long as we could set a highter max

As far as I know there is no max RTH height. In other words if you are flying at 200 ft, an RTH would occur at 200 ft. It is the minimum we are talking about, no? If the bird is below 20m it will rise to 20m and RTH. I would like to be able to adjust that value.

BlackTracer said:
skyhighdiver said:

As far as I know there is no max RTH height. In other words if you are flying at 200 ft, an RTH would occur at 200 ft. It is the minimum we are talking about, no? If the bird is below 20m it will rise to 20m and RTH. I would like to be able to adjust that value.

ok I guess some don't get the point let me spell it out like a first grade teacher

I am well aware of how RTH works I use it a lot on my long long flights
I don't need lessons on how RTH works
if you are below 66 ft and it is activated it goes to 66 ft and flys home
if you are above 66f when it is activated it stays at the elevation your at and flys home
*( with new airport restrictions this may be different over the airport areas ) as that I have not done

That being said like the video showed I take off fly over the lines into a field descend down to film creek and RTH kicks in
now the 70ft power lines( OR TREE OR BUILDING,) are a death trap to my phantom
as its going to climb to 66ft and go into the 70 ft object I went over
PLEASE LET ME SET MY HEIGHT EVEN IF 66 IS MIN LET ME RAISE THE min to an appropriate height

I was responding to this mis-statement by you:

You clearly are the expert. Read carefully what you said. All I was responding to was you talking about the 66 min being ok. That is the value we would want to change. There is no max. In other words when u r below the USER SETTABLE MIN, RISE TO THAT MIN, not the fixed 20m. Maybe we are saying the same thing. There, I explained it like a kindergarten teacher.

skyhighdiver said:
BlackTracer said:
skyhighdiver said:

ok I guess some don't get the point let me spell it out like a first grade teacher

I am well aware of how RTH works I use it a lot on my long long flights
I don't need lessons on how RTH works
if you are below 66 ft and it is activated it goes to 66 ft and flys home
if you are above 66f when it is activated it stays at the elevation your at and flys home
*( with new airport restrictions this may be different over the airport areas ) as that I have not done

That being said like the video showed I take off fly over the lines into a field descend down to film creek and RTH kicks in
now the 70ft power lines( OR TREE OR BUILDING,) are a death trap to my phantom
as its going to climb to 66ft and go into the 70 ft object I went over
PLEASE LET ME SET MY HEIGHT EVEN IF 66 IS MIN LET ME RAISE THE min to an appropriate height

You don't HAVE to let it return home when RTH kicks in, if you flip the S1 switch down then back you will regain control when it comes back into range and can fly it up to whatever height you want. You say that you use RTH many times on you're longer flights have you not manned up yet and switched to Naza mode so that you can use homelock instead? ;)

I[/quote]

You don't HAVE to let it return home when RTH kicks in, if you flip the S1 switch down then back you will regain control when it comes back into range and can fly it up to whatever height you want. You say that you use RTH many times on you're longer flights have you not manned up yet and switched to Naza mode so that you can use homelock instead? ;)[/quote]

I have used naza since my 4th flight and yes you can take control if you can reconnect which is what I do once it get back before landing
however that may not always be the case if your controller batteries die,
or some god knows why DJI issue come up .So it is better to have the RTH set to go above the tallest obstacle in your path and now you cant do that

skyhighdiver said:
I have used naza since my 4th flight and yes you can take control if you can reconnect which is what I do once it get back before landing
however that may not always be the case if your controller batteries die,
or some god knows why DJI issue come up .So it is better to have the RTH set to go above the tallest obstacle in your path and now you cant do that

I don't understand why all the arrogant comments from others. I totally agree. I've long said I would like to have the end user ability to set the minimum RTH height AND speed. Sometimes there are winds and the RTH speed is also not sufficient. (This is the part where the haters say "then you shouldn't be flying when it's windy")

BlackTracer said:
I was responding to this mis-statement by you:

You clearly are the expert. Read carefully what you said. All I was responding to was you talking about the 66 min being ok. That is the value we would want to change. There is no max. In other words when u r below the USER SETTABLE MIN, RISE TO THAT MIN, not the fixed 20m. Maybe we are saying the same thing. There, I explained it like a kindergarten teacher.

I am sorry black tracer I just grabbed your quote as it was the last one everybody kept posting how to do return to home I did not notice my typo and didn't need more explanation and how it works I have since corrected it thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20