DJI DNG files and Adobe Photoshop CS2

mmn

Reaction score
I've been struggling the last few days trying to find ways to color correct DJI dng files. Google's Picasa will handle dng files, but I have this free version of Adobe Photoshop CS2 and I wanted to try using it. I did eventually find a way. It was not easy. I thought I would share it here in case there might be others interested. I didn't find this written up anywhere so I apologize in advance if this is redundant (or of no interest!).

CS2 will not directly import dng files as the format was developed after CS2 was released. Here's what I did.

1) Install the latest version of ACR plugin for CS2, 3.7 I think, from the Adobe web site.

2) Get the latest dng converter from Adobe. CS2 will not open a DJI dng file but this converter will convert DJI's dng file to Adobe's dng format. Why are they different? Good question!

Now you can open the converted dng file in CS2 and have your way with it!

BTW, I did this on Windows 10. I did this because I didn't want to pay for a Photoshop upgrade. Yes, I'm that cheap! I'm no expert in PS - just wanted some editing and correction function for DJI dng files from my P3A.

I've been struggling the last few days trying to find ways to color correct DJI dng files. Google's Picasa will handle dng files, but I have this free version of Adobe Photoshop CS2 and I wanted to try using it. I did eventually find a way. It was not easy. I thought I would share it here in case there might be others interested. I didn't find this written up anywhere so I apologize in advance if this is redundant (or of no interest!).

CS2 will not directly import dng files as the format was developed after CS2 was released. Here's what I did.

1) Install the latest version of ACR plugin for CS2, 3.7 I think, from the Adobe web site.

2) Get the latest dng converter from Adobe. CS2 will not open a DJI dng file but this converter will convert DJI's dng file to Adobe's dng format. Why are they different? Good question!

Now you can open the converted dng file in CS2 and have your way with it!

BTW, I did this on Windows 10. I did this because I didn't want to pay for a Photoshop upgrade. Yes, I'm that cheap! I'm no expert in PS - just wanted some editing and correction function for DJI dng files from my P3A.
Many thanks, I was struggling to do exactly the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4