DJI customer service horror story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I received a replacement for a crashed drone, a P4P V2. On the second flight after receiving it, it took off from my driveway and entered its initial hover. At that time I got a "disconnected" message on my screen but the drone would still respond to the controls. I immidiatly landed it at which time when I tried to stop the prop's it flipped over on its back and started crawling along the ground until it ran into a rock on the side of the driveway. I don't know if I did something wrong or not, due to my inexperience it could have been. Regardless, I sent it back thinking there might or might not have been a problem with the drone. DJI did their analysis and of course, it was my fault. What infuriated me was they stated the cause of the damage was due to landing on an uneven surface. I landed it on my flat driveway. After much back and forth between us they re-evaluated the data. A new analysis was damage was caused because it landed on an unstable surface, they said I caught it. This was not the case. Because I hadn't turned on the camera I had no proof and their technicians one way or another, came up with the wrong conclusion. Observation, I won't take off without the camera running again. Probably wouldn't have made any difference anyway, on another occasion they said my P4 ran into a cliff because it lost GPS. I didn't know it had to have GPS for the forward sensors to operate.
I do wish a company with real customer service would compete with DJI.

Reactions: brigerdrones
On the second flight after receiving it, it took off from my driveway and entered its initial hover. At that time I got a "disconnected" message on my screen but the drone would still respond to the controls.
The "Disconnected" notice normally means the connection between your RC and your mobile device. Usually you still have complete control of the AC which you noted was also true in your case.

I immidiatly landed it at which time when I tried to stop the prop's it flipped over on its back and started crawling along the ground until it ran into a rock on the side of the driveway. I don't know if I did something wrong or not, due to my inexperience it could have been.
This sounds like a classic case of using the CSC to stop the motors once landed. That procedure is very prone to causing a flip over which is why we always advise people to not use that method. We advise to use only the left stick down for a few seconds to stop the motors once landed. When yours flipped, was it when you tried the CSC method? Your flight log from that day will show stick positions.

Last edited:
That's probably what happened, I don't deny it couldn't have been my fault, but DJI said first, it was landed on an uneven surface, and second, that I caught it. Both totally false.

Oh yeah. I had a problem three years ago when my P4 flipped at 300 feet and power dived into the ground. It was 'pilot error' and 'hard landing'.. Their "customer service" is the worst I have ever encountered, even Amazon and AT&T. I will never send anything to them even if under warranty!

Hate it it guys but you know or should know our guidelines .

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

CLOSED

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers