DJI Care - What will be my experience

Have you prior experience with DJI Customer Care program

• yes ...positive experience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, awful experience

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JCheverie, hope you also received a new Phantom 4, if the serial number does not have an R, it should be a new and not refurbished unit. DJI also sent me a new set of propellers, that was a surprise. Took me about 1 hour to set up the Phantom 4 PRO to my current controller and install all the new updates, everything performed well on the initial flight. My Phantom 4 PRO actually has the camera and gimbal from my crashed drone...surprised me that they went through the effort to remove and replace...all the best to you

JCheverie, hope you also received a new Phantom 4, if the serial number does not have an R, it should be a new and not refurbished unit. DJI also sent me a new set of propellers, that was a surprise. Took me about 1 hour to set up the Phantom 4 PRO to my current controller and install all the new updates, everything performed well on the initial flight. My Phantom 4 PRO actually has the camera and gimbal from my crashed drone...surprised me that they went through the effort to remove and replace...all the best to you
They are replacing my camera and gimbal too...that got seriously f'd up during the crash

Now I have a few additional problems with my Phantom 4 PRO...headed back to DJI for repair today..July 5, 2017.

DJI Care was very responsive as these problems surfaced just shortly after getting the unit back.

1) Camera Sensor Error (hardware malfunction)
2) Downward Vision Sensor Calibration Error (precision hovering and landing protection may fail)
3) Recalibrate Vision System

In transit, should be returned by July 21...16 total days door to door...very fast.

Last edited:
Resend Service with DJI Care Experience is also excellent...keep up the great service
July 3 Requested Service from DJI Care.
July 4th (Holiday) - Received UPS Mailing label
July 5th Shipped drone to LA Service Center
July 8th (Saturday) - Phantom 4 PRO Receipt acknowledgement
July 10th (Monday) - Problem diagnosed, no charge for services, will be fixed under warranty services...Fix should occur in 3-6 days and shipped back

Phantom 4 is now fixed and is in transit, should be returned by July 21, DJI serviced under warranty so no charges. Excellent service again and quick from DJI...many thanks to the great service and support of DJI.

Phantom arrived on July 21 via UPS ground from LA to SF (shipped on 7-19).
Phantom 4 test, flies like new again...great fast service and support from DJI! All issues are now fixed.

Last edited:
Here's a related story. Bought P4 Pro from Amazon. Returned as defective for replacement. Purchased DJI Care Refresh for the replacement. It turned out to be defective as well. Returned to Amazon for REFUND.

So, I have a Care Refresh plan in place... But don't own a P4 Pro. Asked DJI if I could transfer my unused Care Refresh plan to a new P4 Pro when I purchase one (not from Amazon) in the near future. I was directed to the Customer Care department. I was pleasantly surprised when they said "yes" and emailed me instructions on what I would need to do when I received the new drone.

That was a positive experience for me.

Here's a related story. Bought P4 Pro from Amazon. Returned as defective for replacement. Purchased DJI Care Refresh for the replacement. It turned out to be defective as well. Returned to Amazon for REFUND.

So, I have a Care Refresh plan in place... But don't own a P4 Pro. Asked DJI if I could transfer my unused Care Refresh plan to a new P4 Pro when I purchase one (not from Amazon) in the near future. I was directed to the Customer Care department. I was pleasantly surprised when they said "yes" and emailed me instructions on what I would need to do when I received the new drone.

That was a positive experience for me.
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. I ended up ordering my Phantom 4 PRO from B&H Photo, I know they may have charged me more, but felt comfortable that I would get a product with minimal issues from this reputable company. I buy all of my photography equipment from B&H Photo, so buying the Phantom 4 PRO from them was very comfortable.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. I ended up ordering my Phantom 4 PRO from B&H Photo, I know they may have charged me more, but felt comfortable that I would get a product with minimal issues from this reputable company. I buy all of my photography equipment from B&H Photo, so buying the Phantom 4 PRO from them was very comfortable.

Thanks....I see we're neighbors as I'm just down the road in Morgan Hill. I will be ordering from B&H. I, too, am a photo customer of theirs for many years. Can't complain about how Amazon treated me. They are great at that.

It's kind of strange.. the P4 Pro price on B&H website will be $1499 one day, and $1394 another day. Same DJI product number. Refurbished?

Thanks....I see we're neighbors as I'm just down the road in Morgan Hill. I will be ordering from B&H. I, too, am a photo customer of theirs for many years. Can't complain about how Amazon treated me. They are great at that.

It's kind of strange.. the P4 Pro price on B&H website will be $1499 one day, and $1394 another day. Same DJI product number. Refurbished?
I would call to make sure you do not get a refurbished product. You do not want a refurb for your Phantom 4 PRO unit. If you are buying the pro, make sure you have an Apple Tablet, the Phantom App does not work well or consistently with the Samsung phones or tablets. I ended up buying the Apple 9.7" tablet ...works amazing. You will find it hard to see when it is bright and sunny outside...I ended up buying a shade from Aerial Drone Accessories. I also purchased filters from Polar PRO (unsure if it messed up my camera as they are slightly heavier then the filter installed by DJI). Let's find some time to fly sometime ...you will find many no fly zones in the bay area.

I would call to make sure you do not get a refurbished product. You do not want a refurb for your Phantom 4 PRO unit. If you are buying the pro, make sure you have an Apple Tablet, the Phantom App does not work well or consistently with the Samsung phones or tablets. I ended up buying the Apple 9.7" tablet ...works amazing. You will find it hard to see when it is bright and sunny outside...I ended up buying a shade from Aerial Drone Accessories. I also purchased filters from Polar PRO (unsure if it messed up my camera as they are slightly heavier then the filter installed by DJI). Let's find some time to fly sometime ...you will find many no fly zones in the bay area.

Thanks...I will call them. I fly with a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet and have 3D printed sun shade for it. Love it and it works quite well with DJI GO 4 and Litchi on my P4 Standard. When I bought my P4 Pro from Amazon, I bought a set of PGY ND filters (4, 8, 16, 32). Same weight as the P4 Pro UV filter, so no extra weight on the gimbal. I just need the bird!

A buddy of mine (already has the pro) and I go fly down in San Benito county over some BLM land. No restrictions there (we don't harrass the cattle) and 400' AGL might mean you are 700' above your home point. We find the landscape there ruggedly beautiful. We're both retired so we haveloads of available flying time. I know it would be a bit of a journey for you, but you'd be welcome to join us on one of our outings. Consider it an adventure! Here's a link to one of my YouTube videos from our last sojourn there. You can see just how wild and eerily gorgeous that area is. In the spring.. it's a beautiful green.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks...I will call them. I fly with a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet and have 3D printed sun shade for it. Love it and it works quite well with DJI GO 4 and Litchi on my P4 Standard. When I bought my P4 Pro from Amazon, I bought a set of PGY ND filters (4, 8, 16, 32). Same weight as the P4 Pro UV filter, so no extra weight on the gimbal. I just need the bird!

A buddy of mine (already has the pro) and I go fly down in San Benito county over some BLM land. No restrictions there (we don't harrass the cattle) and 400' AGL might mean you are 700' above your home point. We find the landscape there ruggedly beautiful. We're both retired so we haveloads of available flying time. I know it would be a bit of a journey for you, but you'd be welcome to join us on one of our outings. Consider it an adventure! Here's a link to one of my YouTube videos from our last sojourn there. You can see just how wild and eerily gorgeous that area is. In the spring.. it's a beautiful green.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice Video, I am hoping to one day take night photo's of the Milky Way from the Pinnacles park down by your area. Assuming the Pinnacles Park is a no fly zone, do you know?

Nice Video, I am hoping to one day take night photo's of the Milky Way from the Pinnacles park down by your area. Assuming the Pinnacles Park is a no fly zone, do you know?

Thanks for your kind comment. You have assumed correctly. Pinnacles was a national monument, but recently became a national park (I believe 2014 was the year). In any event, drones are banned in National Parks, and most national monuments. That's why we love BLM lands. Fortunately for us, we have two huge BLM areas just 30 miles south of us in San Benito county. We can fly drones and do target practice all on the same adventure. Actually, we only fly drones.

You could shoot the milky way from the area where my video was shot. It's a bit closer than pinnacles and you could fly anywhere around there. It's a pretty decent dark sky area. The only issue would be flying later than 30 minutes after sunset which would be against FAA regulations. There is no one in that area to care of you do, so it's entirely up to you.

Ordered my P4 Pro from B&H this morning. Called yesterday and confirmed that if an item is refurbished and not new, it will state so I n the item listing on their website. Hoping that the third time with the Pro is charmed.

Thanks for your kind comment. You have assumed correctly. Pinnacles was a national monument, but recently became a national park (I believe 2014 was the year). In any event, drones are banned in National Parks, and most national monuments. That's why we love BLM lands. Fortunately for us, we have two huge BLM areas just 30 miles south of us in San Benito county. We can fly drones and do target practice all on the same adventure. Actually, we only fly drones.

You could shoot the milky way from the area where my video was shot. It's a bit closer than pinnacles and you could fly anywhere around there. It's a pretty decent dark sky area. The only issue would be flying later than 30 minutes after sunset which would be against FAA regulations. There is no one in that area to care of you do, so it's entirely up to you.

Ordered my P4 Pro from B&H this morning. Called yesterday and confirmed that if an item is refurbished and not new, it will state so I n the item listing on their website. Hoping that the third time with the Pro is charmed.

Hi John

Congratulations on purchasing the P4 PRO...should work great and thru B&H you get a quality product ...make sure to buy the DJI care package, it helps if you have any issues. We also have fast service from DJI out of LA.

All the Best
Gary

Hi John

Congratulations on purchasing the P4 PRO...should work great and thru B&H you get a quality product ...make sure to buy the DJI care package, it helps if you have any issues. We also have fast service from DJI out of LA.

All the Best
Gary

Thanks, Gary! P4 Pro to arrive Wednesday afternoon/evening. Sadly, I have flying date scheduled for early Thursday. Will fly my P4 Standard as I don't want to rush the fw updates and calibrations. Will go fly it on Saturday.

I had purchased the Care Refresh for one of the P4 Pros I had to return to Amazon. DJI is going to let me transfer that to the new P4 Pro when I activate it. Hopefully, I'll never need to use it.

Fly safe and HAVE FUN!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.