DJI Care or not

Why not State Farm? There's a thread talking about it.
For $60, seems like a nice "insurance" plan

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If the Asurion coverage is legit and will cover the entire bird I'd lean toward that. But I'd have to do a hell of a lot of research on them before I jumped at that deal. But that's just me. They are kinda new at insuring the Phantom.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

captainmilehigh,

I concur with your statement. Providing that Walmart's coverage (Asurion) is completely legit and they do what they say they are going to do, cover the entire bird (including water damage - in case I crash in the ocean) then I would go for that (makes the juice worth the squeeze). At this point it is unknown, I would have to read the terms and conditions, word by word, on what's covered and what is not covered like I did with DJI's care after I had placed the order.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Why not State Farm? There's a thread talking about it.
For $60, seems like a nice "insurance" plan

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Really?, State Farm?. I am going to look into that..
I do not mind canceling my entire order with DJI, place a new one (without DJI's care) and get coverage with another insurance company.

Really?, State Farm?. I am going to look into that..
I do not mind canceling my entire order with DJI, place a new one (without DJI's care) and get coverage with another insurance company.

Yep, some have coverage with their personal property insurance also. Either way, there are a bunch of choices out there. So sit back, grab your favorite beverage, and let the research begin.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Subscribed to this thread. I am also in the process of zeroing in on a company to protect my P3A but haven't found anything convincing. Glad I didn't go with DJI care.

Subscribed to this thread. I am also in the process of zeroing in on a company to protect my P3A but haven't found anything convincing. Glad I didn't go with DJI care.

I am waiting for a call back from Square Trade, they protect electronics. If they say they provide coverage for drones I am going to request Terms of Service ( Coverage and exclusions). Something that I should have done before I purchased DJI's care.

I wonder what is going to happen if I call DJI's CS Team to tell them that I want to cancel the order because it is the only way to cancel DJI care, which to me is not a good deal - all I am paying for is damage to the camera / gimbal.

I don't see how DJI Care ever makes sense. On the 3A, you are paying $199 for a max value of $799 for 1 year. The thing is under warranty that year, water damage is not covered, lost birds are not covered, and "unsuitable flight conditions" are not covered -- whatever those are (I'm guessing high winds, behind metal objects, etc...). So, in the absolutely best (or worst) case, you, through your own fault, but with no high winds or warranty reasons oh and I forgot "Force Majuer", crash the thing into a tree and can recover it. DJI decides it is totaled and sends you a new bird. You are up $600. So, risk your $200 to save $600 is your best case. In the more likely case of damaged motors, gimbals or cameras, Say that cost mabe $500 to fix, you are risking $200, to likely only come out ahead $300, unless you wreck the thing twice in a year. The math really only works if 1) You are certian you are going to crash at some point, or 2) You promised your S/O you wouldn't spend any more money on the thing, so this is the only way you'll get to keep flying if you do crash.

By the way, lots of credit cards have 60 or 90 day accidental damage recovery, so you can use that for the first part of your claim.

The Walmart or State Farm options seem like a better risk/reward ratio.

Guys, here's an official email from DJI in response to my request to cancel DJI Care, enjoy.!

August (DJI)

Jul 21, 15:33 CST

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for contacting DJI online store.

Please be noted that DJI care can not be cancelled without returning the aircraft purchased.

Considering your order is still on the way of delivery, if you confirm to cancel the DJI care, we suggest you to reject the package tthat we can make the refund for the
Phantom 3 Advanced and the DJI care to you once we received it in good condition.

Then, you can place a new order to us without the DJI care.

You can refer to below link for more information about DJI care. By the way, DJI care is really helpful when you need repairing, please kindly consider for it again.

DJI Care - Keep Flying

1. DJI Care can be cancelled upon return of the aircraft purchased, according to DJI refund policies;
  2. DJI Care cannot be cancelled without returning the aircraft purchased;
  3. DJI Care cannot be transferred after purchase

Good to know that the issue will be resolved. Maybe now you can buy from someone like Amazon with a good return policy.
Actually, You missed a 25% off sale on Amazon couple of weeks ago. I was all set to buy a standard but jumped on this deal, since it was $599 for the Advanced and sold/shipped by amazon.

Update:

I called State Farm Insurance today after reading that they were a major insurer that covered drones. I have Home and Auto with them. My agent stated that they did cover drones under an "all risk policy" which covers everything. Lost, stolen, accidental for $60 year no deductible. Cheaper if I preferred a deductible. I figured I could afford $60 year. She stated that this is the same policy they use for other merchandise such as jewelry, cameras, etc. She also stated my Canon DSLR T3i camera could also be covered for .92 per $100 value.

All I needed was a copy of sales receipt, and serial number. I told her I would get her the information on my drone after work and that I no longer had the receipt for my camera but was interested in insuring that as well. She said all she needed for that was estimated value and the serial number.

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Newbie here waiting for FedEx to deliver my P3A on Wednesday. Along with the bird I purchased DJI care, but after reading the terms and conditions of the coverage I am not sure it was a good move to purchase the coverage.

One of the items not covered are the propellers. Basically I bought coverage for the camera / gimbal.

Anyone have any data on what the turn around time is for DJI care (not including shipping) >

Update:

I called State Farm Insurance today after reading that they were a major insurer that covered drones. I have Home and Auto with them. My agent stated that they did cover drones under an "all risk policy" which covers everything. Lost, stolen, accidental for $60 year no deductible. Cheaper if I preferred a deductible. I figured I could afford $60 year. She stated that this is the same policy they use for other merchandise such as jewelry, cameras, etc. She also stated my Canon DSLR T3i camera could also be covered for .92 per $100 value.

All I needed was a copy of sales receipt, and serial number. I told her I would get her the information on my drone after work and that I no longer had the receipt for my camera but was interested in insuring that as well. She said all she needed for that was estimated value and the serial number.

Can I get the namer and contact info for the State Farm agent that wrote this policy for you?

Im glad I read these stories, and looked into it. I bought 2 P3S because of a pricing error, I paid $160ea, so I am going to pay $129, for and extra $50 protection? I should have kept the second one for a spare, but instead sold it for $400.

Derek

Reactions: RDZDroneFlier
Im glad I read these stories, and looked into it. I bought 2 P3S because of a pricing error, I paid $160ea, so I am going to pay $129, for and extra $50 protection? I should have kept the second one for a spare, but instead sold it for $400.

Derek
Wow.... Heck of a pricing error in you favor

Yes it was. I am in Mass, and not sure the exact writing of the law but if something is priced incorrectly they need to honor it. It was a price for a different drone, but they didnt stock it, the Phantom was there only one they sold. they had 8 of them, and i was going to buy them all, but the manager wanted to call someone, so I figured quit while I was ahead. LOL
Derek

Anyone have any data on what the turn around time is for DJI care (not including shipping) >

I can't comment on what the turn around time is for DJI care, however in own personal experience DJI's tech support has been very responsive. Last Sunday night I initiate a web chat tech support with DJI care, we went thru all of the troubleshooting. At the end of the conversation the person I was chatting with indicated that it would be best to send the bird back to DJI for analysis. Next day, Monday morning, I followed up and picked up where I left off. That same day before noon I received an email with an RMA number, instructions on how to pack and what to send to DJI and prepaid UPS label. At this point it is unclear what the turn around time is once the receive the bird and ship it back. It is also worth to mention that in the form that I filled out to open my support case DJI they specifically ask if DJI care was purchased. Do not know if this is something that expedites the process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31