DJI Care- Major fault!

Reaction score
Bought my P4 V2 in July, with DJI Care attached to the units serial number.
In September, I crashed it and returned to DJI. For $129, they sent me a new one with a different serial number.
Well, I crashed this second unit and went on-line to claim my second return under DJI Care. (I know...I know...maybe I should take up bicycles!)
Anyway, DJI Care didn't transfer the Serial for my replacement to my initial account. Hence, my on-line return request for warranty/DJI Care was denied.
Upon calling DJI, I found I had to MANUALLY send an email with the first serial number, asking them to negate it and transfer DJI Care over to the the second/replacement unit.
Why, oh why is this not a computerized automatic process?

BTW...DJI Care is a MUST-by with all DJI products! I'm living proof!

When DJI tells me something was requested, first thing I do it read the policy or TOS. Have you done this? What does it state on this matter?

"Please refer to the period of validity noted on your DJI Care Service Agreement for details."

So what does the Agreement state?

Nothing in the TOS mentions the need to inform them of the new number. Unless the Agreement states this, you have no requirement to tell them what the serial number is of the drone they sent to you. That should be enough, however, it only makes sense that _they_ would record this information since they know the service is still good and they are sending the replacement drone.

Nope. They ask for a case number, but I cannot supply it as it has never been opened. Let me look....

Why might DJI assume a couple of months into a 12 month coverage period you might be happy to throw away the balance of the policy and that you might not want the coverage to continue on the replacement? This is greed and stupidity combined with ignorance and perhaps a touch of sneakiness.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Another reason I don’t buy
Refresh!
Actually, I don’t even buy St.Farm anymore either.
I just try to not have a problem.
So far, so good.

Refresh!
So far, so good.
Agreed. Factor in how reliable the phantoms are and the cost of premiums over time you can easily break even or be in a better position over time even with paying for the occasional repair/replacement.

The insurance worth having is for third party snags/injury.

Refresh!
So far, so good.

I have State Farm coverage on my Drones and never had a problem. 3 yrs and 3 replacements! 2 crashes, 1 my own fault, 1 not my fault and 1 stolen. They sent me a check no questions asked and my premium is still the same!

I called my State Farm agent in Houston asking about coverage, and he told me State Farm didn't sell coverage.
Could you please send me the info on your agent? Thanks!

I called my State Farm agent in Houston asking about coverage, and he told me State Farm didn't sell coverage.
Could you please send me the info on your agent? Thanks!
Just call the next one on the list for your area. Or tell your agent that you are going to switch agents. Let us know what the outcome is.

He does, he just doesn't know it.

That' what my agent told me here when I signed up a couple of years ago. I told them they'd better look into it, and they called back and told me I was right and signed me up.

Bought my P4 V2 in July, with DJI Care attached to the units serial number.
In September, I crashed it and returned to DJI. For $129, they sent me a new one with a different serial number.
Well, I crashed this second unit and went on-line to claim my second return under DJI Care. (I know...I know...maybe I should take up bicycles!)
Anyway, DJI Care didn't transfer the Serial for my replacement to my initial account. Hence, my on-line return request for warranty/DJI Care was denied.
Upon calling DJI, I found I had to MANUALLY send an email with the first serial number, asking them to negate it and transfer DJI Care over to the the second/replacement unit.
Why, oh why is this not a computerized automatic process?

BTW...DJI Care is a MUST-by with all DJI products! I'm living proof!
Or you can pay an actual insurance company half as much as you paid the crooks at dji and get a brand new bird if you crash it.

I'm a bit cheesed off, but it's not DJI's fault. I bought my Mavic Pro the day prior to the the Mavic 2 being released. The salesman didn't tell me a new model was due. Anyway, since buying the Mavic and activating it a few days later I've been unable to use it because I'm confined to bed and there's very little room to fly it indoors. Of course I purchased the care package and it's slowly being whittled away, what a waste

One question though, is it possible to buy another 12 months when the first one expires later this year? It's well worth having, but I'd love to be flying with the knowledge of having some security should something happen. Does anyone know if the care package is extendable please? I think it's worth $129.00 AUD, which is good insurance. I'm a firm believer in "What if" and of course "Mr Murphy" and I are old acquaintances, in fact I'd swear he lives here, possibly in my attic. He always manages to turn up very quickly at the most inopportune time:)

I have both State Farm and DJI Care. The reason is State Farm doesn't cover commercial flights (PT 107) it only covers hobby flights. On the other hand DJI Care will cover commercial flights. State Farm is only $80 a year.

Reactions: HawkeyeImaging
So is the care package able to be renewed? Plus I live in Australia, not the US so your State Farm isn't much good to me, darn it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31