DJI Assistant for Mac, Installation problem

Reaction score
I just downloaded the latest version and am still having the problem where the Mac (I have the latest OS Sierra) says "assistant.app can't be opened because the identify of the developer cannot be confirmed". I bring up the security section of the control panel and click on "open anyway" and I still get the same error message.

Given that apples sells this drone there must be a work around. I have tried to google this but can't seem to find the solution. Any help would be most appreciated.
thanks

Van Sayler
[email protected]

I just downloaded the latest version and am still having the problem where the Mac (I have the latest OS Sierra) says "assistant.app can't be opened because the identify of the developer cannot be confirmed". I bring up the security section of the control panel and click on "open anyway" and I still get the same error message.

Given that apples sells this drone there must be a work around. I have tried to google this but can't seem to find the solution. Any help would be most appreciated.
thanks

Van Sayler
[email protected]
You have to go to your security and privacy settings and tell it to ignore the prohibition against installing from unknown developers. Alternatively, IIUC you can control-click on the app icon and click "open" which will bypass the security settings.

The problem I have is that after installing on Mac OS X Sierra, there is absolutely no sign of the software in the application list. Any ideas?

The problem I have is that after installing on Mac OS X Sierra, there is absolutely no sign of the software in the application list. Any ideas?

Open a terminal and paste the following

sudo spctl --master-disable

It'll require your password. This will enable you to choose the third option missing in Sierra

If you would like to reverse to the original state just change the "disable" to "enable" and enter the command again.

Open a terminal and paste the following

sudo spctl --master-disable

It'll require your password. This will enable you to choose the third option missing in Sierra

If you would like to reverse to the original state just change the "disable" to "enable" and enter the command again.

Thank you but I think this is the fix for people who are unable to install from 3rd party sources. I'm able to go through the entire installation until it asks me to reboot. But after reboot, there is no sign of DJI Assistant in the Applications folder.

Can you press Apple+Space to search for "assistant"

If you're looking for the word DJI in the beginning of the software, it's called "assistant" only.

That's exactly what I was doing (searching for DJI Assistant)....thank you!

p.s. Is "Assistant" really a good name for any product??

Last edited:
Reactions: puredata

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.