DJI Announce Media Event

A hex for 2000 dollar is realistic, we are talking about 2000 dollar. Remember the Walkera Tali 500. In the end its just two more motors. Like i said this can be all photoshopped which i hope
The Phantom form factor is old. I'll eat my hat if this new device is the same.

The Phantom form factor is old. I'll eat my hat if this new device is the same.
yes, after two years its getting boring. I dont wanna invest money again in basically the same copter. But who knows and the owner of the website it laughing his a** off now. Another thing is there is no new quqad listed in the american FCC list, only a new remote controller called C1

yes, after two years its getting boring. I dont wanna invest money again in basically the same copter. But who knows and the owner of the website it laughing his a** off now. Another thing is there is no new quqad listed in the american FCC list, only a new remote controller called C1
We see things slightly differently. I am still getting great results from my P2 both for personal projects and commercial work and I don't regard it as boring – it's a tool which get the job done and I can rely on it to do so.

However, as with all filmmakers, what matters to me most is image quality and stability. The natural progression is to step up to using bigger cameras, ergo larger multirotors. I really like what DJI have done with the Inspire1 and it's camera. I was considering moving over to an ALIGN M680 Hex to fly with a Panasonic G4, but looking at all the problems people seem to be having with them, I am put off.

DJI are really nailing ease-of-use, great image quality, stability, and advanced features not seen anywhere else (Inspire1 App for example).

I got an invite for NY.

What are the odds of them giving away some free ones? :) Not sure if I feel like going in.

We see things slightly differently. I am still getting great results from my P2 both for personal projects and commercial work and I don't regard it as boring – it's a tool which get the job done and I can rely on it to do so.

However, as with all filmmakers, what matters to me most is image quality and stability. The natural progression is to step up to using bigger cameras, ergo larger multirotors. I really like what DJI have done with the Inspire1 and it's camera. I was considering moving over to an ALIGN M680 Hex to fly with a Panasonic G4, but looking at all the problems people seem to be having with them, I am put off.

DJI are really nailing ease-of-use, great image quality, stability, and advanced features not seen anywhere else (Inspire1 App for example).
Yes, i also wanted the Align but in the end it was to large for my hobby "just for fun" use. What i wanted to say is the phantom has this toyish, more cheap look and i would have expected something better from DJI. I use it with the H3-3D and i tried everything to get rid of the Jello effect in my modded gopro3 with 5.4mm lens. I still have jello effect after countless test flights with new "solutions" against the Jello effect. The phantom form factor is not so good in wind and it vibrates pretty much. For 2000 dollar i would have expected a new RTF frame, maybe in carbon fibre or a bit larger for better results in wind. The olympus "air" would have been a great camera for a small sized RTF hexacopter

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZH...age/45630846/olympus-air-side-by-side.0.0.jpg

It would produce awesome fotos with a lightweight prime lens. The lightbridge stuff is nice but in the end its not needed for better image quality. I have to say that i prefer the analog FPV stuff because low latency and because it cant crash like an ipad.

Yes, i also wanted the Align but in the end it was to large for my hobby "just for fun" use. What i wanted to say is the phantom has this toyish, more cheap look and i would have expected something better from DJI. I use it with the H3-3D and i tried everything to get rid of the Jello effect in my modded gopro3 with 5.4mm lens. I still have jello effect after countless test flights with new "solutions" against the Jello effect. The phantom form factor is not so good in wind and it vibrates pretty much. For 2000 dollar i would have expected a new RTF frame, maybe in carbon fibre or a bit larger for better results in wind. The olympus "air" would have been a great camera for a small sized RTF hexacopter

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZH...age/45630846/olympus-air-side-by-side.0.0.jpg

It would produce awesome fotos with a lightweight prime lens. The lightbridge stuff is nice but in the end its not needed for better image quality. I have to say that i prefer the analog FPV stuff because low latency and because it cant crash like an ipad.

I agree, the reliance on an iOS / Android system slightly concerns me too. Standard FPV is generally very reliable.

As I understand it, those 5.4 mods are very prone to jello. I've debated doing that mod several times and always decided against it. How have you got your H3-3D setup and do you use an ND filter? Despite all my efforts last year, I always got some jello – the one thing that changed this for good was upgrading to a Hero4 Black. With that and an ND attached, I get zero jello -- ever. The H4 has a more powerful processor and seems to handle things better. Even that incessant humming I used to get with the H3 has gone.

I agree, the reliance on an iOS / Android system slightly concerns me too. Standard FPV is generally very reliable.

As I understand it, those 5.4 mods are very prone to jello. I've debated doing that mod several times and always decided against it. How have you got your H3-3D setup and do you use an ND filter? Despite all my efforts last year, I always got some jello – the one thing that changed this for good was upgrading to a Hero4 Black. With that and an ND attached, I get zero jello -- ever. The H4 has a more powerful processor and seems to handle things better. Even that incessant humming I used to get with the H3 has gone.

I dont think the stronger imiage processor of the H4 is the reason for less Jello. Its all cause of vibrations in the camera. Put the H4 in narrow mode on a sunny day and test again if you see jello in full screen mode. I have tons of it and my H3-3D hums as well wenn faced downwards. Maybe the H4 is tighter build inside for less vibrations or the increased weight is in this case better for your H3-3D because not all Gimbals are the same. Yes i have both ND4 and ND8 filter from blurfix. I tested every rubber dampeners available, also the earplug solution. I tested 5 different balanced props with the dubro balancer and in the end i took the aeronaut as the winner in this test against jello. They also make the P2 much more silent which and stable wich is nice. I even blocked the zenmuse charging function because they said it would create micro vibrations. I cant confirm that but i left it blocked now, saves P2 battery maybe and i think the gopro stays a bit cooler.

The 5.4mm lens is night and day difference to the stock gopro, also because you can set the focus. Looks much better but Jello. Analog FPV is very safe, i never had any problems during flight and even when the gopro crashes i still get the black iOSD screen with all the data and can fly home "blind" with that data. This Vision+ FPV is not very good, because the connection brakes and will not come back and the ipad app can crash etc.. This is not ideal and thats why i dont like it.

Oh s**t, scratch that – just checked my junk mail, I got an invite! See you there man :cool:

Awesome.
I'm going to have to bunk off work for the afternoon. If you want to meet up before we go in let me know. Be nice to partly know someone at least, even if only from a couple of messages!

Same here...dont think I can spend $1,000+ on expenses. Im asking for them to give my invite to someone else.

I was thinking surely you signed up for London!, then realised you probably just got an invite because of the site right?

I'm guessing either the P3 or a HexCopter...

-slinger
Yes the big disappointment for the semi-professional photography was the lack of redundancy with the quad. If you loose one motor(say about $20) you could loose a $1000 camera. Hex is better but heavier and shorter flight times. But most photo grabs are less than 2 minutes, so a flight time of 10 to 15 would be enough to get some good shots, review and try again.

GoPro and DJI cozy neighbors at NAB. I want my GoPro Drone.
image.jpg

I was hoping they would launch a box for the new bird, not keen on most of the boxes out there at the moment for the phantom models. In the UK we are only just starting to see proper cut out foam inserts on the P2 model boxes. My old box is a pluck foam type. It does the job but its not great and i would sooner pay more for a really neat factory fitted box.

DJI posted a pic saying those cases are 'swag bags'. They don't look wide enough to fit a new bird in, least not one with legs on.

CCEm9gvUIAAqCyO.jpg

I'm here, seated and waiting.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428505651.790524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik