Dji 3 pro goggles

Reaction score
Just got a dji 3 pro for my 40th birthday and I love flying it but I would like to use goggles.The questions I have are do I need the hdmi module for it to work. Can I get a set of fat shark scout googles and would they work? Last but least is there any special setup I need or would any 5.8ghz goggles work, just dont want to dump $200 on then and they won't t work. Thanks for any and all help!!

Since goggles cannot connect to the P3P wirelessly, you'll need to either connect them to the remote controller or to your mobile device via an HDMI cable. You can find a list of commonly used goggles here.

If connecting the goggles to the remote controller, you'll need to install the HDMI Output Module on the back of the remote controller like this. If using the DJI Goggles, you'll also need a mini HDMI adapter (like this one). Here's what that setup looks like:

DJI-Goggles-HDMI-Cable-Connected.jpg

Thanks for the info,just to be sure I can't buy the common set of 5.8ghz goggles and "have them lock onto the camera frequency". Is there a good set of clear goggles that you could recommend that have a hdmi input as I'm looking for the hdmi module to fit onyo the remote. Thanks again and this is all new to me.

just to be sure I can't buy the common set of 5.8ghz goggles and "have them lock onto the camera frequency"
Right, that won't work.

Is there a good set of clear goggles that you could recommend that have a hdmi input as I'm looking for the hdmi module to fit onyo the remote
I've tried lots of goggles. The DJI Goggles have the best picture (in my opinion) if that's all you care about. Like all goggles, they do have downsides. They are larger and heavier than other goggles.

The Epson bt 300 are awesome, but they don't work well with the P3P natively, (to much lag to safely fly). I am getting the hdmi mod and look for a mini hdmi to mini usb adapter to see if the lag issue goes away. The Epson bt 300's work with my Spark, Air and Mavic Pro flawlessly and it complies with FAA rules on LOS flying.

Thanks for all of your help and answers. The dji goggles are awesome but will they work with other drones if I plan on moving past the dji to racing drone or would the v3 dominator goggles work for both?

The DJI Goggles can be used with other drones. If you're going to get into racing drones, Fat Shark goggles might be a better option. Check out the racing drones you're planning on buying to see which goggles are most commonly used.

One point about DJI goggles, they seem designed for a roundish head shape and this can cause problems for some people, myself included. There are various solutions on the web which include under-the-chin bicycle helment type straps or a strap/bracket which catches on the ridge at the back of the skull.
I removed the forehead 'bracket', it is held in place by two screws under the upper part of the cushioning foam.

Reactions: Capt KO
Epson Moverio BT-300 ?
No extra hardware required. Works with DJI GO (4) and Litchi.

mini HDMI adapter is not required if using a standard Micro HDMI (D) to Mini HDMI (C) lead.
As you can see in my photo above, I'm using the lead from the goggles. That's what many other people are using too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj