DJI 3 4K Compass Error

Reaction score
The DJI 3 4K I have here has worked relatively fine for the past two years, it failed to deploy one day and has failed to deploy since - Here is the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With each DJI Go App update, the software gets worse and I fear that the manufacturers have sold my information, are manipulating the vehicle, and have a personal vendetta against me. I cannot revert back to the original firmware or software. I do the humiliating "rain dance" to calibrate the compass and it will not calibrate. It beeps, it makes an awful sound, and I feel like there is some conspiracy going on with the manufacturers. The drone come after me one day and with each new update, I feel they are loading more software designed to ruin the drone.

How can I confirm that they are doing this? Can anyone explain how to fix this?

The DJI 3 4K I have here has worked relatively fine for the past two years, it failed to deploy one day and has failed to deploy since - Here is the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With each DJI Go App update, the software gets worse and I fear that the manufacturers have sold my information, are manipulating the vehicle, and have a personal vendetta against me. I cannot revert back to the original firmware or software. I do the humiliating "rain dance" to calibrate the compass and it will not calibrate. It beeps, it makes an awful sound, and I feel like there is some conspiracy going on with the manufacturers. The drone come after me one day and with each new update, I feel they are loading more software designed to ruin the drone.

How can I confirm that they are doing this? Can anyone explain how to fix this?
Stop doing rain dance,I stand straight and just turn drone (don't look so silly)
Have you tried delete old app and reinstall,compass error just picking up what your close to,or does it not matter where you are,what colour your remote and drone lights,is your wifi on,,,dumb question but just eliminate stuff ,bit hard to watch clip,it's bit off screen to see exactly

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I fear that the manufacturers have sold my information, are manipulating the vehicle, and have a personal vendetta against me. I cannot revert back to the original firmware or software. I do the humiliating "rain dance" to calibrate the compass and it will not calibrate. I feel like there is some conspiracy going on with the manufacturers. The drone come after me one day and with each new update, I feel they are loading more software designed to ruin the drone.
Repeated failure to calibrate is much more likely to be due to a broken compass wire or a disconnected compass than any conspiracy against you.
Put the paranoia away and look at the app settings.
Find the sensors section and see what it's telling you about the compass.
Here's how it looked in an older version of the app:
i-3L2jQdP-L.png

If you see zero for compass data, you know that the compass is not connected and will never calibrate.
If so, it is either a broken fine wire in the landing gear or the connection to the mainboard is dislodged.

Meta4,

It appears that may have caused the issue. Do you think they can remotely trigger the wire to break loose or possibly have a bug in the firmware? There's no telling with these things thank you for your advice. I checked under the shell and plugged in the GPS and it started working. However, I do not know if it was not separated to begin with. It has been flying fine up until that point.

Reactions: Meta4
I’m glad you got it sorted but WOW - remotely triggering a wire to break... Seriously [emoji1]

Next time you get a compass error, switch out the sd card with another and retry. I know it sounds crazy, but this solved compass errors for me (and others found the same to be true). Worked 5 times out of 5 times in the last ~18 months.

30 minuts in the refrigerator no frost without the accumulator and IMU calibration is ok no error.Incredibile ma vero verificato.

Gotta run. The mother ship will be here any minute and I've got to finish packing.

Packing what, my son? You won't need clothes on the Mothership... ok, a toothbrush and some deo maybe...

And you better hurry - miss the Mothership and you'll be stuck here with the rest of us for the rest of your life... bwaaahahahaaaaaa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.