Display Choices

Reaction score
I am just about to go and get my "new to me" P4P but just found out that the old iPad 2 WIFI (with the big connector) will not work as a display for some reason. So.....my questions are.....

1. Why does the iPad 2 not work? It's brand new still in the unopened box.

2. Can I "temporarily" use my iPhone 6 until I figure out what else to use?

3. I have an older Asus tablet that also connects to a keyboard to make it a mini laptop. Can I use that?

Cheers,
Dean

If you can, go for the Note 8! It has a 1200 nit display, and it works great so far on DJI Go 4 version 4.0.7.

@Gsxrgrizz, you can find a list of recommended and commonly used mobile devices here.

So, I'm "resurrecting" an old thread of mine as I am having some difficulties with a display choice.

Clearly I have to buy a new display as I only have one of two iPad 2's available that were given to me when I bought my truck in 2011. On one hand, I am concerned about buying the minimum tech then not being able to use it, say, next year, because it's now too old to support the latest firmware etc. On the other hand, I don't want to spend 5-600 dollars on an iPad I'm ONLY going to use with the drone. I've been using my iPhone 6 but it's too small to effectively see anything.......any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Did you narrow down the choices you'd like to go with?

Apple based.....that's about it. Maybe a mini over the full size but don't really have a preference. Plus I tried to load the DJI go app on the MIL's mini but it said it was incompatible for some reason

I'd probably go with the Ipad 2017 9.7in cellular instead of the Ipad Mini 4, there are some cpu overheating issues with the Mini 4

The iPad Mini 4 is a good choice. If you want to save some money, buy a used/refurbished tablet from eBay/Apple.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions....anyone see any reason I need. It's memory than 16GB. I'll only be using it for the drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav