Disconnecting frequently around 800 Feet and only connecting when close

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have this problem, I can't seem to fix. After the lost update, my phantom looses video, or at least gets really poor video feed until it disconnects after around 800-1000 feet. Its very frustrating since I am doing a lot of filming.

It sometimes, very frequently starts to only reconnect until till its really close to the controller again.

Before that, I used to get great range and had minimal problems. I found also that, if I do a 360 with the p3 at a certain angle it looses signal, I get the "signal" red bar.

I was forced to do the update otherwise it wouldn't connect to the app.

Never Crashed, used ipad and iphone with the same problem.

Version on the app is 3.1.28

Anyways, some leads on this would really help.

Hi BAMAXXX,

In the HD settings for the GO app, what is the Transmission Quality slider set to?
Perhaps reducing the transmission rate will improve the signal quality and range for you.

Good luck and happy flying.
Tom

I checked around, I didn't find a place to change the transmission quality, its set on auto.

be sure to do all updates. be sure on the rc your running p3a , or p3p fw what ever bird you have. force reload fw on the bird if you have to. fw can get dirty or corrupt somtimes.

I checked around, I didn't find a place to change the transmission quality, its set on auto.

To get the custom settings for the channels, I had to set my mobile device to US region and patch the DJI GO software with the 32 channel hack.
I thought the Transmission Quality slider would have been available without needing to do that.
What region are you flying?

I did some tests, I been flying it for a while, the issue is degrading one. Meaning, it didn't just happen all of a sudden.

Also, I found out that at a certain angle on yaw axis in relation to the remote, the signal goes out. If I do a 360 at an altitude, at some point in that 360 the signal will go out.

I'm not sure if I need to disassemble and make sure the antenna is connected properly or something is disconnected.

Any help appreciated.

Reactions: Daddy-Rabbit

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj