Disconnected!! Oh Sh-T!!

See I don't think mine started RTH. It was just hovering when it reconnected. It asked me if I wanted to RTH and I clicked yes. Then it said RTH timed out. That's when I really got scared and started to follow towards it. Then it reconnected. I was freaking out!

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app
In your settings is it set to "hover" on disconnect?
It should definitely be set to "return to home" on disconnect. Disconnection is going to happen. It shouldn't be a big deal. I often fly out to 3-5 km away and it sometimes disconnects. It always starts to return to home if it stays disconnected for more than 5 seconds. It will first acsend to the predetermined altitude to be at a safe height, then it will start to return.

When my p3s lost signal for what seemed like a minute, it said landing. I moved close enough to regain control before it landed. I checked to see if it was in rth mode and it seems to be. Am I missing something in the settings, if so how do I check it?

IMG_5101.PNG
When my p3s lost signal for what seemed like a minute, it said landing. I moved close enough to regain control before it landed. I checked to see if it was in rth mode and it seems to be. Am I missing something in the settings, if so how do I check it?
It's definitely set to land on disconnect. That can be disaster. Go into your settings in the Dji app. (Good idea to have the phantom connected to your controller and everything on as if you're ready for a flight)
Once in settings make sure you're in the section that has a quad copter icon. (See photo).
Then click the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Remote control disconnect" and select "RTH". (See photo)

IMG_5102.PNG
View attachment 72946
It's definitely set to land on disconnect. That can be disaster. Go into your settings in the Dji app. (Good idea to have the phantom connected to your controller and everything on as if you're ready for a flight)
Once in settings make sure you're in the section that has a quad copter icon. (See photo).
Then click the "advanced" tab and scroll down to "Remote control disconnect" and select "RTH". (See photo)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31