Discharging/charging P3 batteries.

Reaction score
Have just purchased a used P3 Standard drone. Having studied " what to do" I charged drone and remote batts ready to practice first flight. This didn't happen as the weather turned nasty. I am a little confused now what to do about battery re-charging etc.
I am reading about "discharging" before re-charging etc. How do I safely "discharge" without flying, how do I know exactly when it's OK to re-charge prior to my first flight (it would seem prudent to charge the main battery a couple of hours before flying ??)

You do not need to manually discharge the batteries. They will auto discharge down to the storage level on their own as long as you do not press the power button on the battery.

Reactions: pandora
Have just purchased a used P3 Standard drone. Having studied " what to do" I charged drone and remote batts ready to practice first flight. This didn't happen as the weather turned nasty. I am a little confused now what to do about battery re-charging etc.
I am reading about "discharging" before re-charging etc. How do I safely "discharge" without flying, how do I know exactly when it's OK to re-charge prior to my first flight (it would seem prudent to charge the main battery a couple of hours before flying ??)
No need, the battery will do the job for you. You can set in the app after how many days (2-10) a battery should self discharge to storage level. This setting is individual for each battery so you have to set it for each if you want to change it.

Reactions: pandora

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel