Disassembly of 2312a and gimbal motors.

Reaction score
There is sand on all my motors and the gimbal. I haven't found any guidance on how to open and clean the motors. The motors for the props are the newer 2312a and seem to be harder to disassemble.

Do a search on YouTube, there's plenty of good videos on complete dis-assembly on there. Or you can look below on your page here and see what the auto search has pulled up... :)

There is sand on all my motors and the gimbal. I haven't found any guidance on how to open and clean the motors. The motors for the props are the newer 2312a and seem to be harder to disassemble.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think that's it. You should take some pics while doing it so we can all learn more

Unless you have the proper tools, it's difficult to disassemble motors. It looks pretty easy in the video but you need skilled hands to take out the rotor assembly and after cleaning put it back.

Try to first use pressurized air to blow out sand and other debris and if not successful totally then think of disassembling it.

Gimbal is more delicate, first you got to detach the gimbal from AC, then hold parts in hand and blow pressurized air. It's delicate, handle with care. Don't blow against the black ribbon cables.

Reactions: GunnyPapa
The drone was in salt water for while, I want to open it to clean the corrosion too. The video shows the old 2312 motors, it seems to be different than the new ones. I'll keep trying and share what I learn.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic