Disabling no fly zone feature?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I got my first phantom today (p2) today and was very excited to try it out...i did the compass calibration...which on the second axis didn't seem to work very well...but then I saw eventually 5 green lights which I believe meant I was good to go.

I noticed there was a pattern of 5 green lights followed by 1 red...that got me really paranoid and with all the talks about fly ways got me weary to take off.. After some research I realized it was the flight restriction kicking in.

Is there anyway of disabling this? I understand it's purpose, and I have no intention of flying past the restriction. I just really hate seeing a red light...it get me paranoid that a fly away can occur..

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

Reaction score
Flight restriction?

Reaction score
I am confused, dont you mean you had <6 satellites locked ?

Reaction score
Yesterday was my first day flying my Phantom 2. Though I did see videos and instructions regarding the flight indicators, I never saw anything regarding the pattern I saw yesterday..which I believe was 5 green and 1 blinking red...I thought it was an issue with the Phantom or maybe I did something wrong during compass calibration.

It turns out that it was because I am in a "restricted flight" area...

Didn't make sense because I am 6 miles away from JFK airport and according to the maps DJI provides, I have to be within 5 miles. I guess its not a big deal...I was just curious if there was a way to downgrade the firmware so I didn't have to see that annoying red flash after the 5 green blinks.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safeharbour