Disable gps

Reaction score
Apparently I live too close to the airport. Drone will not take off due to restricted zone area. I moved into a new house and just want to get an aerial view to mark property lines. What options do I have to override the Flight restrictions?

Apparently I live too close to the airport. Drone will not take off due to restricted zone area. I moved into a new house and just want to get an aerial view to mark property lines. What options do I have to override the Flight restrictions?
Do it the legal way...

Airports in Controlled Airspace​

For flight near airports in controlled airspace, drone operators must receive an airspace authorization prior to operation. Airspace authorizations come with altitude limitations and may include other operational provisions. Controlled airspace and other flying restrictions can be found on our B4UFLY app.

Automated Authorizations Through LAANC​

Part 107 remote pilots and recreational flyers can get an airspace authorization for altitudes below the posted UAS Facility Map grid altitudes automatically from a LAANC service supplier

Reactions: brigerdrones
Flew in BUR Class C airspace last Friday. Took seconds to get the LAANC approval to fly.

Go here:

Type in the exact address of your house, when the map comes up you’ll see all the maximum altitude zones block by block around that airport. As long as it’s not a zero FlyZone, you should be able to get 100 feet maybe 200 feet possibly. Depends on how close you are and if you were in the flight path of one of the runways.

But this way you’ll know exactly what the maximum is allowed for the area around your house, and then when you apply for the LAANC you put in exactly that number and not more. You should have approval in moments

Tape tin foil to the top of the drone. You'll essentially be in ATTI mode for the entire flight. No RTH. No safety nets. Just a man and his drone. Good luck.

D

Reactions: cneedelman
Tape tin foil to the top of the drone. You'll essentially be in ATTI mode for the entire flight. No RTH. No safety nets. Just a man and his drone. Good luck.

D
If you’re going to do that I’d practice flying somewhere nearby in an open field first. In ATTI mode you really have to stay on the sticks. It’ll drift with wind and not just stop when you release them.

Reactions: Harleydude
If you’re going to do that I’d practice flying somewhere nearby in an open field first. In ATTI mode you really have to stay on the sticks. It’ll drift with wind and not just stop when you release them.
Yep. Maybe something like this??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D

I don't practice ATTi enough. Always shocked at how it slides around like a greased bowling ball on ice....
But at least indoors there's not much wind. Although I flew in a couple factories that had powerful fans above blowing a lot of air around.

Question - and it may be a dumb one - do the Front and side sensors on P4P stop you from hitting a wall indoors in ATTI? Using Tripod mode...

And, this is for anyone - are there easy to put on/off prop guards for the P4P for indoor flying? I realize that even if there were at one time, may not be able to find any now...

I don't practice ATTi enough. Always shocked at how it slides around like a greased bowling ball on ice....
But at least indoors there's not much wind. Although I flew in a couple factories that had powerful fans above blowing a lot of air around.

Question - and it may be a dumb one - do the Front and side sensors on P4P stop you from hitting a wall indoors in ATTI? Using Tripod mode...

And, this is for anyone - are there easy to put on/off prop guards for the P4P for indoor flying? I realize that even if there were at one time, may not be able to find any now...
Regarding sensors, I'm the wrong guy to ask. I found they get in the way by taking control away from me and making the drone act unpredictably, so I always have them disabled.

Regarding prop guards, I haven't found any good ones for the P4P. And honestly, I don't really do any "close quarters" flying any more. I do mostly mapping, traffic analysis, construction progress and the occasional video - none of it indoors.

Here's another ATTI practice video with my P4P:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D

It was a wild hair thought. 99% of my flying is outdoors. I do occasionally rely on the proximity sensors - especially when doing video horizontal side dolly shots of schools, or doing flying towards the main entrance of a building.
But you are right that sometimes they are more trouble than help if I want to fly close to things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan