Digital Concepts 3 piece gold series filter kit outer rim question

Reaction score
I purchased a set of screw on filters , once installed the outer rim can still turn around, it has 2 dots on the face. Is there a certain position these dots should be in? Should the outer rim be able to turn after installed on the P3pro? Lens kit is digital concepts 3 piece gold series ND4, ND8, ND16

I believe that the set you have are combined ND and Polarizing filters. the dot would be a reference to show the polarization axis. rotating the ring would change that so that glare or specular reflections from various surfaces would be reduced. as has been discussed several times on previous threads, polarizing filters are of minimal benefit since you have to preset them before taking off and optimum orientation can drastically change as you fly depending on look direction, sun angle, etc. try taking some images with the dots aligned and maybe at 90 degrees. try to duplicate the conditions for each setting so that you are comparing 'apples to apples'.

Yes, the outer rim should turn, as these are polarising filters (as well as ND). The dots are to let you know where you have the polariser set...position will vary according to the angle you are to the sun. You will need to experiment to find what works for you in different circumstances.

Edit; Richard R types quicker than me!

Thanks makes sense you would need to adjust them. The are ND polarized filters , you help is much appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic