Difference in Fat Shark Headsets

Reaction score
I ordered a Predator this week, but in my internet readings of late, I've come across a few people that say the Predator doesn't cut it!
Has anyone had experience with the Predator, Dominator and the Attitude. Is it worth the $ to move up to the next level, or what would you suggest?

I bought the Attitudes myself, (mostly because they were in stock at the time and others weren't), but I've never seen the Predators in person. (or Dominators), so I can't really say.
But I don't see why anyone would say that the Predator's don't cut it, as I'm sure they're perfectly ok for FPV, only the screen is slightly smaller than the others and it's missing a few bells and whistles. (I doubt I'll ever use the headtracker, but might attempt to use it in the future). But it's definitely a good value I'd say.

here's the comparison chart from fatshark.com
Comparison.png

Do the glass optics of the Dominators make a really big difference? And what exactly does modular design mean? It comes with either receiver, or I have to supply my own external receiver?

LJ35 said:
Do the glass optics of the Dominators make a really big difference? And what exactly does modular design mean? It comes with either receiver, or I have to supply my own external receiver?

not sure how much a difference the glass makes.

the modular design means that you can use/insert any kind of Rx and optional head tracker

Hey Guys....

What exactly is the Head Tracker?
Also, there doesn't seem to be a big difference in price between the models. I guess I'll wait and see what others have to say!
Thanks for your help!

Slugger

I have the Predator V2 and happy with the image. I ordered the spiroNet antenna set and extra battery. In open field, the transmission is fine but flying over trees you will get some interference on and off. I am still waiting for the 600mw TX to be in stock.
The optional lens is for the nearsighted person which I tried the -2 and did NOT help me.

Note that the narrower field of view (25 degree) of the Predator is not a bad thing because you can judge the distance easier than the wider FOV ones.
I wanted to order the monitor but now I am getting more used to the goggles.
I added the OSD to give me the attitude which is very difficult to judge but I only tried it a few times and it is NOT that accurate and does NOT update the number fast enough so far.

I just found out later that I can adjust both the brightness and the sharpness by pressing the little button on the top and the image is much better now. :D

also please note that fatshark fpv is only available in vga / svga resolutions... meaning don't be expecting true 1080 resolutions even if you plug your gopro into it. it will try to compensate as much as possible, but the picture quality is not HD.

slugger - headtracker allows you to pan and tilt the camera with your head. there are sensors in the goggles that controls this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl