Diferença de altitude real para a informada pela foto.

Reaction score
I am having problem with altitude of the photos. In the place where Google Earth reports 100 meters of altitude, a photo taken in the same place, still with the Phantom 4 Pro in ground, is informed in the photo data the altitude of 28 meters. I think it's a bug in Phantom gps. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I am having problem with altitude of the photos. In the place where Google Earth reports 100 meters of altitude, a photo taken in the same place, still with the Phantom 4 Pro in ground, is informed in the photo data the altitude of 28 meters. I think it's a bug in Phantom gps. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
GPS is notoriously more accurate in X and Y than in Z, It is just the geometry of the satellites with respect to you on earth.

It's a problem with all GPS, not just the Phantom's.
GPS is very good for horizontal position but not for altitude.
That's why the Phantom uses a barometer for flight altitude.
Here's one of my photos as an example:
i-MqRGc68-L.jpg

Here's what Garmin have to say about GPS altitude accuracy and why GPS altitude data is useless.
How accurate is the GPS elevation reading?
GPS heights are based on an ellipsoid (a mathematical representation of the earth's shape), while USGS map elevations are based on a vertical datum tied to the geoid (or what is commonly called mean sea level).
Basically, these are two different systems, although they have a relationship that has been modeled.

The main source of error has to do with the arrangement of the satellite configurations during fix determinations.
The earth blocks out satellites needed to get a good quality vertical measurement.
Once the vertical datum is taken into account, the accuracy permitted by geometry considerations remains less than that of horizontal positions.
It is not uncommon for satellite heights to be off from map elevations by +/- 400 ft.
Use these values with caution when navigating.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Sweetwater