Did I overcharge my Phantom 4 Pro Batteries?

Reaction score
I am still somewhat new to flying sUAS. I just realized that I left two of my Phantom 4 Pro batteries on the three-battery DJI charger for about 3-4 days. I forgot about them due personal matters that arose. I flew my Phantom 4 pro on 7/16. I know the charger and batteries have automatic shutoff features after the batteries are fully charged and the manual says the batteries should not stay fully charged for more than 10 days. I compared the two batteries with the other battery that had not been on the charger. The cells looked pretty much the same in terms of physical appearance and I noticed no major squishy feelings and none of the cells bursted out of the battery frames. I plan to fly tomorrow, but I will not use the batteries if there is a chance that they may be fire hazard. Did the batteries in any way swell or get damaged from sitting on the charger for 3-4 days? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
The DJI batts have a great deal
of built-in safety features.

msinger is absolutely correct.

However it's best to avoid this situation in the future as most LiPo accidents (fires) occur during charging.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT