Did I Ger Ripped Off?

Reaction score
I just got my new(?) SE today. I was expecting a new drone in a sealed box, but it looks more like one that someone else bought and then returned.

The seals on the outer box and most of the inner boxes were broken. Could someone confirm how things should be on a new unit?

1. Battery was installed in drone. Is this normal?

2. The camera was mounted on the drone, and the gimbal clamp came loose in transit allowing the gimbal and camera to bounce around in transit. Is this normal?

3. The main body had no plastic covering to protect it. Is this Normal?

Info would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
===

The broken seals are enough to raise concerns.
You mentioned that your expectations was that of a new drone.

Where did u purchase and what were the terms expressed?

I purchased it from an online company. It was shipped to me from California to Massachusetts. There was nothing on-line or on the invoice that had any indication that it was anything but new.

I'm withholding the name of the company until I'm sure that what I received was not what I should have received, and to give them a chance to respond to my email.

Good plan.
Please allow them to explain the differences between what you received and what you expected.
It may be a simple error or misunderstanding.
Good luck.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You did a great job making the video Thanks and sure i'm glad that the fight did not hit the flag on take off and it was a close call !...Your gimbal guard was not installed i seen....I guess my battery was too...I removed the thread about the "battery should not have been installed".. I guess mine was too..I was really excited to finally take the drone out of the box too ! I Love My P-3 SE and i'm going to fly at the park tomorrow ...."Drone On" !

I just got my new(?) SE today. I was expecting a new drone in a sealed box, but it looks more like one that someone else bought and then returned.

The seals on the outer box and most of the inner boxes were broken. Could someone confirm how things should be on a new unit?

1. Battery was installed in drone. Is this normal?

2. The camera was mounted on the drone, and the gimbal clamp came loose in transit allowing the gimbal and camera to bounce around in transit. Is this normal?

3. The main body had no plastic covering to protect it. Is this Normal?

Info would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
===

Ken,
I purchased new from Bet Buy in NC. It came in a sealed box. (clear tape seal)
On opening, the manual box was affixed with a seal to the top of the internal container.
The batter was instaled and my gimble clamp had also worked loose.
The RC was sealed in a very tight fitting plastic wrapper and had to be cut in places to remove.
Props were inside a cloth carry case and wrapped in thin foam packing.
Spare gimble grommets and wrench were in sealed box. Charger was also in sealed box.

Hope that helps. Sounds like they may have inadvertently shipped you a refurbished unit.
If I paid for new I would expect new.

Randy

You did a great job making the video Thanks and sure i'm glad that the fight did not hit the flag on take off and it was a close call !...Your gimbal guard was not installed i seen....I guess my battery was too...I removed the thread about the "battery should not have been installed".. I guess mine was too..I was really excited to finally take the drone out of the box too ! I Love My P-3 SE and i'm going to fly at the park tomorrow ...."Drone On" !

Thanks - this wasn't my video but I remember watching this when another poster (who bought a "nearly new" P3) wanted to see what a brand new one looked like coming out of the box. Good Luck!

Ken,
I purchased new from Bet Buy in NC. It came in a sealed box. (clear tape seal)
On opening, the manual box was affixed with a seal to the top of the internal container.
The RC was sealed in a very tight fitting plastic wrapper and had to be cut in places to remove.
Spare gimble grommets and wrench were in sealed box. Charger was also in sealed box.

Hope that helps. Sounds like they may have inadvertently shipped you a refurbished unit.
If I paid for new I would expect new.

Randy
I fully recognize myself in the above. It was the same with me.

Ken,
Randy
Randy,
Thanks much for the detailed description. I'm now sure it was repackaged, but not as bad as I had originally thought.

I'll report back on what kind of reply I get from the seller.

Ken
===

GPS_Ken.......if the company did not state it was a refurb drone in the sales ad and even the box was not marked....Two wrongs sure don't make One Right ! sure it might have been a accident for it not to be labeled or advertised "Refurbished"....let us know how you come out....Thanks

I've just bought mine from a reputable and well stablished department store here in Mexico, and it came in a sealed box, the RC wrapped in adhesive plastic foil, propellers on their normal clothes bag with their center hubs also wrapped in plastic, and everything came properly bagged and boxed. The Phantom itself came without any plastic bag, the battery installed and the gimbal protector was loose around the box. The motors had this yellow decals you have to remove before everything. In fact, all of this was the same as when I purchased my Phantom 3 Standard a year ago on Bestbuy. So, my guess is yours is new, too.
Something I think I should add is that I've read on DJI forums that Phantom SE aircrafts are upgraded unsold Phantom 4K units, and even though I don't know if that's true, I can't deny the SE feels more fragile or a little less robust than my Phantom 3 Standard. Even the remote control doesn't sound as good when powered on. Has anyone notice that?

I've just bought mine from a reputable and well stablished department store here in Mexico, and it came in a sealed box, the RC wrapped in adhesive plastic foil, propellers on their normal clothes bag with their center hubs also wrapped in plastic, and everything came properly bagged and boxed. The Phantom itself came without any plastic bag, the battery installed and the gimbal protector was loose around the box. The motors had this yellow decals you have to remove before everything. In fact, all of this was the same as when I purchased my Phantom 3 Standard a year ago on Bestbuy. So, my guess is yours is new, too.
Something I think I should add is that I've read on DJI forums that Phantom SE aircrafts are upgraded unsold Phantom 4K units, and even though I don't know if that's true, I can't deny the SE feels more fragile or a little less robust than my Phantom 3 Standard. Even the remote control doesn't sound as good when powered on. Has anyone notice that?
I have read in this form Or the Dji form...That a refurb drone will have a R after the serial numbers....That probably won't happen all the time...like the stamp pads might be out of INK LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.