Did I do it right? Installed protection

Reaction score
So I bought a used phantom 3 standard,read and watched everything I could find.decided I needed gimbal gaurd and blade gaurds, and landing gear. Question 1 the gaurds came with replacement screws all same length, should they be? 2 the gimbal gaurd just snaps into place? I haven't flown yet trying to protect as much as possible
IMG_20190106_125228502.jpg

My opinion? One good solid crash will fold all that up.
Just pay attention to what you are doing and you should be fine.
Happy spinning!

Reactions: 120CCPM
Looks like you are good to go. Can't blame you for trying to protect your investment as you slowly build confidence. Don't forget to remove the black gimbal lock before you start it up each time or you can ruin the gimbal motor or throw off the horizon line in photos and videos.

Can't vouch for the P3's, but the P2 guards came with and required longer screws that replaced the original 4 motor mount screws on each arm. Just a word of caution... when you decide to take the guards off for good and remove the mounts, DO NOT use those longer screws. Go back to using the original screws (if they are shorter). Otherwise, you will send the longer screws right through the motors without the guard mounts in place.

Last edited:
And yes , gimbal guard just snaps on its place :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Not sure about screws, they should be longer then originals, but definitely not too long . China stuff is unpredictable
Enjoy!

The screws are longer than the originals because they have to also pass through the prop guard mounting brackets on the prop arms. If those screws are used after the mounting brackets are removed, they will puncture the motors.

The screws are longer than the originals because they have to also pass through the prop guard mounting brackets on the prop arms. If those screws are used after the mounting brackets are removed, they will puncture the motors.
Yes but if they are same size as originals, then they dont go enouh deep ?

Based on my experience with installing prop guards, the screws that are supplied with the prop guards (if longer) should be used with the prop guards, and the original screws for the drone (if shorter) should be used for when there are no prop guards being used. If they all are exactly the same size, they all should be fine.

If those are the landing gear from amazon they suck. Mine broke first landing and it rolled over and broke a prop. They look like the same.

The prop guards work great for holding your drone high up in a tree when it catches on branches.

The extended legs are horrible.

The gimbal guard is great, but a hard landing can still break off the camera.

Reactions: alamus
I think you should use prop guards only indroor. Because they have many bad characteristics. Like drifting in the wind ,some people claim that props hit guards and then crashed etc..
Just dont fly near obstacles if you are insecure :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers