Did I accidentally turn of the engine an kill my P2?

Reaction score
Dear Co-Pilots,

just had my third flight today and the worst thing ever happened - my P2 with the zenmuse and GoPro attached to it, crashed from ca. 50 feet on concrete - yes, she didnt survive.

Thus 3 rotors are still working and the battery too - now I would like to get the flight data out of the drone. Just to see, if I accidentally committed CSC or if the was a sudden failure with the engines.

How could I do this? With the Phantom Software? Didnt find any infos there.

If it was a system failure I would send the drone back to DJI and check for warranty.

I am running a Mac, so if there is only software for Windows let me know.

Best
Mika

I had a P2 2 years ago and it fell from the sky, only 10 metres and on to grass and no damage. I was able to fly again immediately, I never found the cause(Yes not very helpful,sorry), but I worried about the cause, and after eliminating all other possibilities, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the truth. Sherlock Holmes logic.
I must have done an inadvertent CSC, I suggest this is the cause. However if you now have 3 motors working, then suspect an ESC failure is possible.
I think all P2s must be out of warranty now, sorry for your loss.

I had a P2 2 years ago and it fell from the sky, only 10 metres and on to grass and no damage. I was able to fly again immediately, I never found the cause(Yes not very helpful,sorry), but I worried about the cause, and after eliminating all other possibilities, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the truth. Sherlock Holmes logic.
I must have done an inadvertent CSC, I suggest this is the cause. However if you now have 3 motors working, then suspect an ESC failure is possible.
I think all P2s must be out of warranty now, sorry for your loss.
Hey Jayfdee,

well in Europe you must give 1 year of warranty and I just bought it - so i might want to try. But it is not possible to get the flight data out of a p2?

Hey Jayfdee,

well in Europe you must give 1 year of warranty and I just bought it - so i might want to try. But it is not possible to get the flight data out of a p2?
My P2 had a Flytrex unit fitted and this allowed some limited flight data, but would not show a CSC etc, I do not think you can easily get the data from a P2, but maybe someone will be along soon to help.

Reactions: threelegsluigi
Hey Jayfdee,

Was this P2 a new unit or used? If It's a used P2 from the original owner you may not have and 1 year warranty and if it was a pilot error I think you're out of luck once again.

There is no way to retrieve flight information from a P2 non-vision.

As mentioned if one motor isn't working more than likely you have a damaged ESC module. But I would open the shell and check that the power leads feeding that module is not loose or doesn't have a cold solder connection.

Was this P2 a new unit or used? If It's a used P2 from the original owner you may not have and 1 year warranty and if it was a pilot error I think you're out of luck once again.

There is no way to retrieve flight information from a P2 non-vision.

As mentioned if one motor isn't working more than likely you have a damaged ESC module. But I would open the shell and check that the power leads feeding that module is not loose or doesn't have a cold solder connection.
I bought it in June as a completely new one. Well the shell is cracked, since it fell on concrete, so i think something might have been broken inside, at least one chip condenser fell out.

Thanks for the info with the "non-vision" :)

Best
Mika

A P2 CSC is a panic move.There's no flight maneuver requiring such full-crossed stick positioning.

What is your recollection immediately prior to it falling?

The loss of any motor would cause an uncontrollable tumble so it's possible you full-crossed in a panic?

I bought it in June as a completely new one. Well the shell is cracked, since it fell on concrete, so i think something might have been broken inside, at least one chip condenser fell out.

Thanks for the info with the "non-vision" :)

Best
Mika

It is totally possible the component that fell out was responsible for the crash so take it back to the dealer you bought it from. Just do not mention the possibility of CSC.

A P2 CSC is a panic move.There's no flight maneuver requiring such full-crossed stick positioning.

What is your recollection immediately prior to it falling?

The loss of any motor would cause an uncontrollable tumble so it's possible you full-crossed in a panic?
Hi,

well I just got it up to the sky and then it got a little speed from the wind. Then I tried to turn it and all I saw was the engines going off and the P2 falling down on one it sides...

Could have been a panic move, but somehow I don't recall doing it

It is totally possible the component that fell out was responsible for the crash so take it back to the dealer you bought it from. Just do not mention the possibility of CSC.
Already contacted the vendor and directly DJI as well.... fingers crossed.

You are lucky, congrats and good luck with the new unit.

Hi Macoman,

Seems so [emoji846] actually I am selling the p2 since I already made a bargain buying a new p3 for 350€.

Now I won't have the 4K of the GoPro but the 2k looks good as well and the app is much better then flying with an 3rd party fpv kit imho.

Mika

Reactions: macoman
Hi Macoman,

Seems so [emoji846] actually I am selling the p2 since I already made a bargain buying a new p3 for 350€.

Now I won't have the 4K of the GoPro but the 2k looks good as well and the app is much better then flying with an 3rd party fpv kit imho.

Mika
I have the P3S and is an excellent drone... You will be satisfied in how it perform if you don't mind the limited range. I mean I am happy with around 2000 feet of distance. I don't need for now to go farther than that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic