Device Question

Reaction score
Hello all... Here's another stupid newb question:

I'm a little confused about what my device would need in order to fly my P4. I understand that it would need to have wifi but does it have to have cellular as well?

Much appreciated!!!

"no questions are stupid".....No only wifi....to activate warranty and fly it !

Thanks so much for that!!! I think that brings down the price a bit when I buy one. So far it has already been activated and I've spent literally hours this weekend reading the manual, watching YouTube videos and reading this forum. Now all I have to do is put it up it up in the air... in beginner mode... and no more than 10 feet off the ground. I've also been watching some of the drone fails videos and am having anxiety attacks when I think of me crashing it on my first flight. :grimacing:

LOL dont think about that crash.......just go very easy on the sticks and IF you get in a close in situation that makes you wonder what just to feed in the sticks....."take all fingers off the sticks"......the drone will hover in that spot.....then carefully feed in stick movements easy till you get out of the dangerous situation.......I did what i just posted and its always worked for me........Oscor it will work for you too .....i flew in beginner mode too for quite a while.....i gained gobs of flight confidence too ! please let US all know just how your doing too ! remember too IF you turn the drone around mid air and the battery dont face you no more 180 degs !......the controls on the right sticks are all REVERSED thats where a lots of new flyers get in trouble !!!!!

I understand that it would need to have wifi but does it have to have cellular as well?
You will only be able to use the Follow Me flight mode and reset the home point to your current location (useful if you move away from the take off location) if you use a mobile device that contains a GPS receiver. For Apple devices, that means you'll need a cellular model. If you don't need to use those features, then a Wi-Fi only device would be an okay choice for you.

Thank you all for the answers... and the words of encouragement!!! For now I'll be using my iPhone 6+ to fly. I have an iPad 4 but unfortunately it isn't supported. We'll wait a little bit down the line before I start seriously start looking for a newer tablet.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
LOL dont think about that crash.......just go very easy on the sticks and IF you get in a close in situation that makes you wonder what just to feed in the sticks....."take all fingers off the sticks"......the drone will hover in that spot.....then carefully feed in stick movements easy till you get out of the dangerous situation.......I did what i just posted and its always worked for me........Oscor it will work for you too .....i flew in beginner mode too for quite a while.....i gained gobs of flight confidence too ! please let US all know just how your doing too ! remember too IF you turn the drone around mid air and the battery dont face you no more 180 degs !......the controls on the right sticks are all REVERSED thats where a lots of new flyers get in trouble !!!!!

I think I have a pretty good idea of how the controls are opposite when the drone is facing me. A few years ago I was flying a little RC helicopter - indoors - and it was the same thing. However, the two sticks were always needed to be used together because it didn't hover on it's own like the P4 does. That being said, I crashed that little thing many times but I think it was made for crashes. The only thing I had to change once was a prop.

I was this close to taking the P4 out in the back yard this afternoon. But it is only 5C - 41F with a bit of wind. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so it won't be going up then either. I did a bit of scouting earlier and found the place where she'll take her maiden flight. When I was a kid it used to be a baseball park. Now it's just a big grassy, wide open space that is begging me to come and fly there! You can be sure that I'll have my first flight report for you whenever I do get it up!

I was exactly where you were just two weeks ago. I also read the manual 3 times, read everything relevant to flying in this forum and watched every YouTube I could find about beginner flying.
Once I got my nerve up I only flew about three feet high and just hovered in the same spot.
Something I also did was to make me a preflight list and use it everytime I fly.
With two plus hours flight time. I’m flying max 400 feet high and 700 horizontal. Sometimes I will get a little confused and like someone else said, just turn loose of the sticks, get yourself poised and continue. Every flight you will get more self confidence.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3