Descending quickly

The eyes were for a weird post after it had already been explained. I just hold it under a ceiling A/C vent for 5 minutes for a cold IMU calibration.

Mine was for a user here on a few other threads saying the refrigerator cool down would fix everything...
:rolleyes: that got me in the soup for the roll eyes...:oops:
Okay leaving this thread alone now... BYE!

I'm simply here to say... THIS THREAD IS 3 PAGES LONG :confused:

Mine was for a user here on a few other threads saying the refrigerator cool down would fix everything...
:rolleyes: that got me in the soup for the roll eyes...:oops:
Okay leaving this thread alone now... BYE!
Ah! I got ya now. Nothing slow about me! I'll watch the icon smilie replies from now on.

I think I read somewhere that if the GPS or VPS is sensing movement it won't shut down.
The Phantom won't shut down until the atmospheric pressure sensor in the MC does not see any vertical movement for three seconds.

There's nothing quick about the decent rate of the Phantom 3. Unless you CSC mid flight haha

Just wondering if trying to descend quickly will shut the rotors off if you get the stick too far in the down position? When you land you can bring the stick all the way down for a second or 2 and it shuts the bird down. Will this happen if trying to descend too quickly?
It has to be stationary first. Anyway don't descend too fast! Watch out for Vortex Ring State !

VRS is also known as "Settling With Power." I am a student helicopter pilot and it is drilled into new pilots from day one. Essentially the rotors get caught in their own vortices due to vertical decent without horizontal movement. It causes the rotors to loose available lift due to the prop down wash. Most will feel the inertia drop in the cockpit and add more power to compensate. This makes the situation worse. Causing catastrophic failure if horizontal movement is not incorporated to leave the vortex. Again, I say this to calm the concerned. It is far less common in quad rotors, yet not completely impossible. Don't worry about it. When you get close to the surface ground effect will aid in lifting the aircraft. VRS is usually higher above the surface where there is no aid of ground effect. You will see as the Phantom gets close to the ground it rises a little. This is ground effect. Extra lift caused by the down wash curling off the surface back to the rotors. If you are close enough to the aircraft landing, you will feel it billowing air at you as ground effect becomes a factor. Just prior you will feel only down wash from the rotors.

I have dropped the P3P in 113 degrees in the desert with no wind, from about 1000 feet, straight down, if ever there was a circumstance for VRS, it should have been then... Nadda

I have dropped the P3P in 113 degrees in the desert with no wind, from about 1000 feet, straight down, if ever there was a circumstance for VRS, it should have been then... Nadda
1000'? Doesn't the app limit you to 500' max?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20