Dedicated PolarPro Landing Gear thread

Would this landing gear improve your flight experience?

• Yes, and I already have a set

• Yes, don't have these and will be getting a set

• No, I don't care about the condition of the rubber padding

• No, I don't think this is an issue/ there is a need for this

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I hand catch most often when landing but I take off from the ground, different surfaces etc. and there is no helping the rubber padding getting dirty that way.

One of the chores I really dislike is having to clean the rubber pads on my P4 each time I fly and before putting it away in its box or backpack. I don't want any dirt or loose debris in there.

I could not wait to share this.
I just received the PolarPro Landing Gear protective set. And I am very happy.

Personally, in retrospect, this is probably the first thing I would get for my drone, before the extra batteries + DJI Charging Hub or the DJI Monitor Hood.

The set is light: 1.4 oz (impact on battery life is prob. negligible), very well designed for a snug fit and made with an almost soft-to-touch plastic compound.

Snap them on and off. It keep everything clean and it also raises the drone a bit: I know increasing clearance matters to some.

Highly recommended. Here is the product page: DJI Phantom 4 Landing Gear

They also make a set for the P3: DJI Phantom 3 Landing Gear

Incidentally, I hadn't taken a picture of my P4 while it's hovering in a while.
Please post yours with the Landing Gear on. Hopefully we can get this thread going with a nice gallery of pictures.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Note:
All pictures are mine.
DO NOT reuse without asking for permission (the correct thing to do) and/ or without credit (at a minimum).

And please stay on topic.
This thread is for this the PolarPro Landing Gear in particular.
You are welcome to create a thread of your own to discuss away from this topic.

IMG_4312 copy.jpg

IMG_4339 copy.jpg

IMG_4338 copy.jpg

IMG_4336 copy.jpg

IMG_4337 copy.jpg

Last edited:
If you hand catch, as do I, then you should start hand releasing. It is just as easy if done correctly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If I am at the beach or if trying to take off from a structure etc., may be.
I am not interested in trying to do that otherwise.

Not something I would buy. I'm not worried about the little rubber feet touching the ground, and those would add unneeded weight and drag.

Not something I would buy. I'm not worried about the little rubber feet touching the ground, and those would add unneeded weight and drag.

Are you near your drone, could you please post a picture of the rubber pads from your drone?
It would help here for illustration purposes. Good lighting but no flash please.
I never thought of taking a picture of mine after use.

Do you ever clean them? Or do you just put away your drone as is with the debris, dirt etc.?

I can get the same results with a pool noodle and have the added benefit of being able to land on water. Not as pretty, but effective.

Are you near your drone, could you please post a picture of the rubber pads from your drone?
It would help here for illustration purposes. Good lighting but no flash please.
I never thought of taking a picture of mine after use.

Do you ever clean them? Or do you just put away your drone as is with the debris, dirt etc.?

No, sorry. Too much work for something that's not a concern. Also, I have a P3P, and the footsies are black, and any dirt probably wouldn't show. I don't take off from or land in mud, so not sure what there would be to see.

No, sorry. Too much work for something that's not a concern. Also, I have a P3P, and the footsies are black, and any dirt probably wouldn't show. I don't take off from or land in mud, so not sure what there would be to see.

I'll find a picture and post it for you to see.

Next time you inspect your drone, take a look. I wasn't even thinking/ talking about that dirty of a surface (mud). A regular asphalt surface will dirty your rubber pads. The rubber also picks up tiny debris.

I can't stand it. To me, putting the drone back in its bag this way would be akin to walking in my home with my shoes on (bedroom and all) after walking around outside.

Thanks for stopping by and contributing to the discussion.

Here are examples of places where I would take off from when using my P4.

Say you are traveling in SE Asia, or you are in an arid landscape or on a parking lot on 100 degrees day, or you are taking off from grass or a driveway with gravel etc. etc.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
You can buy hand wipes at dollar stores to wipe the legs down, wouldn't hurt to wipe down anyways as there's always a few bug splats on the blades and body. I like the gear idea simply for the added height and wider stance. Looks like they have slots to allow the Polar Pro gimbal guard to integrate too.

That's what I did, wipes or a wet towel. I don't have to worry about that anymore in the filed.
I wipe down the drone body when I get home to unpack and charge up etc.

Love this set.

Last edited:
That's what I did, wipes or a wet towel. I don't have to worry about that anymore in the filed.
I wipe down the drone body when I get home to unpack and charge up etc.

Love this set.
You're still putting a dirty bird in the case, and now more accessories. So far I don't really find much dirt outside of the bugs, and if I can't find a decent spot on the ground, hand launch/catch. Thought about making a portable landing pad, just has to be compact and light.

You're still putting a dirty bird in the case, and now more accessories. So far I don't really find much dirt outside of the bugs, and if I can't find a decent spot on the ground, hand launch/catch. Thought about making a portable landing pad, just has to be compact and light.

I knew you'd reply that. :)

To me it's easier to wipe down the body of the drone (if indeed I see it caught bugs etc.) than the rubber pads anyway.

The way/ where I use my P4, I very rarely have to contend with cleaning the body after flying.

Still have wipes on hand, they are useful for more than just this application and it's a good idea to carry some in case getting to water/ soap is not possible as quickly as you'd like (when traveling etc.).

Any landing gear protective or improvement apparatus would have to be transported along anyway, this or one that you made yourself.

Reactions: Michael_A

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic