Deans connectors?

Reaction score
Hi,
My Phantom has just this moment arrived. :) Along with it I also ordered a spare battery a Overlander sport. The supplier mentioned fitting a XT60 to it. But from seeing it in its still sealed bag it has quite a different connector to the other Phantom battery. Which on googling I find is a Deans connector. As this whole hobby is 100% new to me I am moving into new territory here! Should this adapter I should have got replace this connector or fit on it? No word back from the phantom supplier yet.

Also I keep reading quite frightening stories about the dangers of lipo batteries! Any tips as to treat them with respect- best place for storage etc.

cheers

bill

XT60 and Deans are different types of connector. There are others too that are used in RC such as 4mm bullet, JXT XT90 etc etc.
The supplier should have soldered an XT60 connector to your battery if that's what you ordered. You can do it yourself if you have a decent soldering iron but just be careful not to short the battery terminals.

LiPos can be dangerous if mis-handled. Do the following to be safe:

Never discharge your LiPos beyond 80% ish capacity
Never charge them unattended
Charge them on metal plate, slab of concrete, or if possible, in a fire-proof charging bag
Never drop them
If you see physical damage to the battery, dispose of it
Never short it out

Saying that, I've been using LiPos for years and have never had any issues other than when I crashed a heli very hard a few years ago and the battery was destroyed.

CUT AND RE-SOLDER ONLY ONE WIRE AT A TIME. IF YOU CUT BOTH WIRES AT THE SAME TIME, THE WIRE CUTTERS WILL SHORT THE BATTERY AND BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

rilot said:
LiPos can be dangerous if mis-handled. Do the following to be safe:

Never discharge your LiPos beyond 80% ish capacity

The company is arranging for another with connector already fitted. Though I will eventully need to brush up my soldering skills when I get a gimbal!

How do you know how much charge is left on the LiPos? Say for example you flew the Phantom till the red warning light came on- How much charge is left at that point?

cheers

While flying, you can monitor battery charge with a simple or sophisticated OSD device (using FPV camera and LCD Monitor or goggles).
But if not FPV, while flying, the RED flashing alert will begin around 10.7v
When you land and meassure your LiPo, it is around 11.1 - 11.6 v depending how longer you flew after flashing alarm.
Any time you can meassure you battery status with a cheap but very helpful Voltage Buzz Alarma and monitor like this:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...tage+alarm&_nkw=buzzer+voltage+alarm&_sacat=0

m92Ql6tAfayQYlI8Y9RVtnw.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl